“Hilton Garden Inn....A Gem” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Rates as Low as $88
Ranked #2 of 14 hotels in Granbury
Duncan, Oklahoma
“Hilton Garden Inn....A Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

My husband surprised me for my 30th birthday by taking our baby boy and me here for Labor Day weekend. It was fantastic! We arrived around 9:45pm on a Friday night so we just went to bed. The next morning I awoke early to use the fitness center and realized we were right on the water! It was beautiful to watch the sunrise while working out. We didn't eat breakfast there Saturday, we went to a local taco joint. We got back to the hotel which was also located near the square. Had it not been so hot we would have been more ambitious and walked to the shops. Anyway, we came back to the hotel for a nap and I used the indoor spa and pool. Although both were on the small side, they were brand new and I was the only one using them at the time. The only downside to this property was there were ants. Ants in the fitness center (on the wall closest to the lake) and in our bathroom. We were on the first floor. I think because it was so hot out the ants wanted to be in near water, I don't know. I informed the front desk clerk and she was very apologetic. It really wasn't a big deal to me. They ended up giving us a free breakfast for informing them about the ants. Breakfast was delicious and included waffles, omelettes, pastries, fruit and a lot more. The hotel is also walking distance from the Granbury Beach and splash pad. We enjoyed both. Overall, we will stay here again if we have the opportunity and will also recommend it to others.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Jason S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Granbury, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear tarajackson,

Wow! I am very pleased to hear your comments! I am however not so please to hear we have some free loaders in our establishment!! :o) I will have our maintenance team address immediately.

232 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

This hotel is the perfect weekend getaway if you are traveling to Granbury. Accomodating and friendly staff, clean rooms and facilities. The property is located by the city beach and within walking distance of the historic area of the town square. I always enjoy my stay here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Dear Cglvr,

Awesome Review!! Please see me on your next visit as I would like to have you as our guest for breakfast on your next visit.

Cupertino, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a family reunion/birthday celebration. This is not a resort hotel, it is just a place to stay if you are visiting family. The location is pretty good. It is not in the town square but it is close enough to walk. And it is right on the lake, so some of the rooms have a water view. Even though I'm not sure if I would call Lake Granbury a real lake.

The rooms are fine. However, the beds are really uncomfortable, or maybe it was just our bed. The coverlet was torn and there were spots on one of our pillow covers. Overall it was fine for our needs but could have been much better.

Dear Carina,

I apologize for your negative experience here with us. Were you aware that we have the sleep number beds? Please reach out to me on my direct line as I would like to speak with you and see if we can show you why we are the industry leader in hospitality. 817-579-3802

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is our second time to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in Granbury and we were just as pleased as the first time we stayed there. Nice hotel in a great location! The rooms are clean and comfortable. Hotel staff was friendly and accommodating! Definitely would stay here again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear pgiovingo,

Thank you for your survey! We are glad you had a good time again, with what is soon to be your home away from home! :o)
I will pass along your comments to our team.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We enjoyed our visit to Granbury, TX during the extended Labor Day weekend. The Hilton Garden Inn was located just a few blocks from the town square, where we shopped, ate and met many friendly locals. The hotel staff was very friendly and the rooms were clean and comfy. I recommend the eggs benedict for breakfast...it was very yummy!

Dear Karrie,

Defiantly a foodie for sure! The eggs benedict I'll put up against any! I will be sure to let our team know of your good time!

Round Rock, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

The room was very clean and nice. A/C worked well which in many hotels it is either too hot or too cold. Staff very polite and helpful. Also a great location, near the town square which had great stores and good restaurants. Would highly recommend Babe's - amazing chicken. The little lakeside beach was fun for the kids and the splash pad is great especially for younger kids. It is a nice getaway for Texas.

Dear Gloria,

Babes Chicken is Awesome! Please come back and see us soon.

Little Rock, AR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

With a lake view and excellent restaurant, you will have a wonderful experience in this charming Texas town. Breakfast is delightful and reception extremely welcoming and helpful! Our room overlooking the lake was large, well maintained and a small problem witih plumbing was handled quickly and efficiently.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear ET1LittleRock,

Thank you for comments on our team and hotel. I will be sure to pass them along!

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Granbury? Share your experiences!