“Poor Management!” 2 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Gonzales
“Poor Management!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

The young ladies at the front desk was very nice (Randi and Katlyn) but the house cleaning wasn't good at all. I had to ask every day for someone to clean my room. The location of this hotel is very nice. My main problem I had was they lied about what
they were charging me per night. I was told 179.00 the first night then 129.00 every night there after. I went to do my expense report and saw these people charged me over 1400 for a week.

• Stayed August 2013
Alison R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Gonzales, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
We would like to thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel. We would be more than happy to clarify again the price issue you have. Your room was discounted from the original price of 229.00 to 179.00 flat rate for your entire stay by the General Manager and this was relayed to you by Katelynn. You were also not charged for a broken mirror in your room. Please contact us with any questions, concerns, or comments, our front desk and housekeeping are here to provide you the best service we can. We are glad you have returned to stay at our hotel. Thank you again for your business!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Gonzales is a smaller town, I did not expect to see a Holiday Inn Express here. The hotel rooms were quite cozy. I think the Microtel across the street is a bit more updated though. The staff was great, and the cleaning ladies did a great job. The wifi was really good compared to other hotels I have stayed in.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Alison R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Gonzales, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how your stay was! We value your opinion and like to hear were we can improve. We designed the hotel to fit the area of Gonzales, while still trying to be modern and cozy. We pride ourselves on our persistence in keeping the hotel clean. We hope you will join us again on your next visit to Gonzales, Texas!
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

I was not expecting much but was pleasantly surprised. The grounds and room were very clean which is saying a lot since there are quite a few oil workers staying here. That's not a problem though. They were all very quiet and polite. I had no issues with noise. The on site gym is good aside from the fact that the treadmill died right in the middle of me using it. Didn't have an opportunity to use the pool. It was 104 while I was there and I don't tolerate the heat well. Air conditioning and fan in room kept up nicely despite the high temps. The breakfast offerings were standard and probably perfect for oil field workers. I chose cold cereal. I'm sure they don't get a lot of traffic from little old ladies with sensitive digestive tracts who are watching their weight :-)

I would stay here again. It was a nice base of operations and the bed was comfy and I slept well even though my room pointed out toward the highway. The road noise was not noticeable although I suspect the fan hid a lot. Staff was friendly, I generally have few requests. My door didn't want to close without a good shove but once I figured that out I was good to go.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Alison R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Gonzales, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you for allowing us to accommodate you and yours when visiting Gonzales, Texas! We value your opinion and are very pleased you enjoyed our hotel. We hope to see you again soon!
San Antonio, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I came in on a last-second drop by after perusing for business, and they were COMPLETELY accommodating!

In this burgeoning area thanks to the Eagle Ford Shale, many places have taken on too many travelers and have thus become run down. Not the Holiday Inn Express & Suites here in Gonzales!

Large and clean interior, the coffee was fantastic and the bathrooms were clean.

Not only was the staff accommodating, I actually got great service... with two smiles!

Highly recommended, both for brief AND extended stays.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Alison R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Gonzales, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how your stay was! We value your opinion and like to hear were we can improve. We pride ourselves on our persistence in keeping the hotel clean. We hope you will join us again on your next visit to Gonzales, Texas.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

I loved the presentation and cleanliness of hotel. Customer service is excellent. Kimberly at the front desk thanks for always greeting and providing excellent customer service. bed is fantastic especially the pillows.

• Stayed July 2013
Alison R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Gonzales, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for the opportunity to accommodate you and yours! We are so glad to hear how pleased you are with our hotel. I will show Kimberly and all our front desk staff your compliment. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a wonderful review. We hope to see you again soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

The Holiday Inn Express in Gonzales, Texas is a good hotel for the Oil patch in the Eagle Ford Shale. The rates are a bit high, but I suspect demand really dictates this in the area. There are few hotels around of this caliber, so Holiday Inn is setting the price at what the market will bear. As far as the hotel goes, it is new and clean. The rooms are nice and appointed to Holiday Inn standards. We had trouble with the Wi-Fi internet working and had to mention it 3 times to the front desk over our 3 day stay for them to get it taken care of. We were offered a cable hook up to the system, but none of our equipment had that capability. The breakfast buffet was good, but rather minimalist. It was clearly designed to feed their target audience (oil field workers). There wasn't much of a selection on light things like yogurt. The first day we were there, the bacon was cooked extra crispy and the biscuits were cold, but we had missed their targeted rush time, so this was kind of what was left. The second day, we were up much earlier and this seemed to make a big difference in freshness, although the selections remained rather rudimentary. Over all, I would call this a good hotel for it's location.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Alison R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Gonzales, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
We would like to thank you for allowing us to accommodate you and yours. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to let us know how your stay was. We are pleased you enjoyed our hotel and staff. We apologize for the inconvenience of our front desk staff not resetting and solving the WIFI issue more quickly for you. We will be discussing this with our staff to better solve your problems at a faster rate. We hope to see you again soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

The staff are very friendly and accommodating at the HIEX Gonzales!! The rooms are clan and the breakfast area is great!! The manager, Alison, is very nice and wants the best for customers!! Stay here, it's nice along with it's sister hotel, the Sleep Inn!

• Stayed April 2013
Alison R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Gonzales, responded to this review, April 17, 2013

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Gonzales? Share your experiences!