“Bets Western Plus” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Goliad
Grand Prairie, Texas
“Bets Western Plus”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

This was a great motel in a historic town, staff was very professional. Breakfast was good. Security was great, all entrances were secure.
Has a pleasurable experience on the way to a Caribbean cruise with other family.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Yatin B, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Goliad Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
Dear Lawrence M,

Thank you very much for taking your time and reviewing your stay at our hotel. We are very glad that we made your stay a great one. We hope that in the near future you will give us another oppertuninty to serve your hospitality needs. If we can help any shape or form please gives a call. We hope that you had a wonderful 2013 and hope that you have a great 2014.

GM BEST WESTERN Goliad Inn & Suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Corpus Christi, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel four times, and the staff is friendly and caring. The central location in the Eagleford makes this a great location for us the oil business. I don't eat the hotel breakfast, but they do have really good coffee.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Yatin B, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Goliad Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Michael W,

Thank you Michael W for taking your valuable time to review your stays with us. We are glad that you have enjoyed your stays with us. Thank you for tasting our new coffee during your stay. Guest feedback is very important to us because that is the way we can improve our hotel for future guest. If you have any more suggestions please call us at 361-645-3100. Once again thank you so much for your valuable time.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Overall the stay in Gonzales was very pleasant.
The Pluses:
The rooms were clean and the staff was friendly.
We especially loved the pool area. The pool was large enough to enjoy and was well maintained. It also had a lovely water treatment that was relaxing to listen to and fun to watch change colors at night.
The Minuses:
The breakfast was limited in choices. The eggs were the egg patties.
The rooms had only two sets of towels (no extras) so we needed to ask for more towels.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ezriderhd,

Thank you for taking your time and reviewing your stay at our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed some of the amenities that we have to offer. We have different menus for breakfast at our hotel. On certain days we put out scrambled eggs, biscuits, sausage links, and gravy (waffles everyday), and plus all other items such as fruits, yogurt, toast, juice, hot premium coffee, and cereals. We are always looking ways to improve. If you have any suggestions please feel free to call me at 361-645-3100. Thank you for allowing us to serve you on your get-away. We hope to see you again soon.

Cedar Park, TX, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Very weak wi-fi, given double beds instead of queen beds, beds not very comfortable. Staff very helpful though and the hotel was very clean and well maintained. I will give them another chance next time I am in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Carl R,

We appreciate you taking your time out to do a review of your stay. Please accept our apologies on the weak Wi-Fi signal that you experienced during your stay. We are looking for ways to make are network better. The beds that are in the room are queen beds. We only have King and Queen Beds. We hope to see you again soon and serve you hospitality needs in Goliad TX. If you have any concerns or questions please feel free to contact me at 361-645-3100.

houston tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

As a business professional who travels regularly, I found this hotel to be by far the best value in the Eagle Ford area. The hotel in new, about a year old. The rooms are extremely spacious and have an excellent work space and really do have "hi speed" internet. The beds are comfortable with high quality linens and comforter. The LED TVs are great with HD channels. The rooms are always clean and smell great. The pool area is a great place to unwind after a hard days work. With nice covered tables and a pool featuring a mini Bellagio colored lights fountain show, you will enjoy your time by the pool. The hotel staff is friendly and go out of their way to make your experience a good one. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Yatin B, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Goliad Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Dear Joe78765,

Thank you for taking your valuable time out of your busy schedule to review your stay with us. My staff and I are very glad that you loved our hotel so much. We will do our best to satisfy you and every guest at our hotel. If you have any suggestions on ways to improve our hotel please feel free to talk to me on your next stay with us. We hope you enjoy the weekend.

Yatin Bhakta
BEST WESTERN PLUS GOLIAD INN & SUITES
Cortez
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

CHECK-IN:
My first impressions of This Best Western was very good, appearance was excellent. My first problem was during check-in, there was a lady working the front desk(guessing she was a local from Goliad) She wasn't very friendly, she didn't confirm the # of nights we were staying, how many people we had or even the rate, she didnt even have me sign a REG CARD(registration paper) for the room. Didnt ask for my c/c or driver licence. She told me they would ask for it during check-out. Check-in was a bad experience.
THE ROOM:
We had reserved a king room: The room was outstanding! Sofa TWO easy chairs, small coffee table, nice LED tv, large bathroom, small closet, everything was 5 stars in the room. The only problem would be there was no coffee in the room.
POOL
Since this is Texas we were very much looking forward to using the pool, but the first day was a disappointment. There were LITERATELY THOUSANDS of ants floating in the water. Some were as big as my thumb nail. This made it impossible to swim. That night was a different story, the ants were gone and the pool has fountains that had multi-colored lights coming out of the skimmers, but they only worked for tour first nights stay, the other 5 nights I do believe they were broke.
BREAKFAST
This was great they had sausage, egg patties, waffles, biscuits, sweets, what more could you want? And the lobby area is beautiful, so its makes eating breakfast there nice.
OVERALL SERVICE
I had only seen the housekeeping staff once, they were an older Indian couple. They didn't talk to me nor I to them, but they did an excellent job cleaning the rooms. I had only talked to one gentlemen for any extended period of time after check-in. He was an middle aged Indian gentlemen. He told me about a couple sites to see near by and the history about the town. Was refreshing to have a decent conversation. He was great.
CHECK-OUT
As we were leaving, very early I might add(about 5am) We took are luggage down to the car on a luggage cart, which was nice to have considering we were on the top floor. I went to check-out but there was no one manning the front desk, there was a phone on the desk that had a note saying "pick up for service" but none come to the front desk. After 15 minutes of trying both the phone on the desk and the one in the main entrance, I gave up. This would be a major issue if they did this to someone who decided to dispute the charge, considering they didn't get any signature from me whatsoever. They might want to change this for future reference. But they did have breakfast already up and going this early, which was a shock for me, but in a good way.l

All in all it was a conflicting stay, no doubt its a nice hotel but it could use some better customer service. I am giving a 5 star because I don't want to hurt their average. This stay for me was a 3 to 4 star stay. Stay here if you get a chance though, you might have a better experience then we did.

Room Tip: Top floor near the back, due to main Highway.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mike S,

Thank you for taking your time to do a review of your stay. Please accept our apology for the inconvenience that you experienced during your stay. We are training our staff to be more efficient and to be more precise. At the time of your stay our pool pump was burned out. We have taken care of that and everything is in excellent working shape. We hope that you give us another chance when you are down in Goliad for work or pleasure. Thank you for your business. If you have any further question please feel free to contact us anytime.

GM BEST WESTERN Plus Goliad
Baytown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We had a very enjoyable experience at this Best Western. The room was very spacious, clean, and comfortable. The staff and owner were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was great! We highly recommend this hotel for anyone visiting Goliad.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Yatin B, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Goliad Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear Cara S,

My staff and I would like to thank you for reviewing your stay with us. We strive to keep our hotel clean, up to date for our guests. If there is any way we can improve our service or hotel please feel free to call us anytime. Thank you again for reviewing your stay.

Yatin Bhakta
BEST WESTERN PLUS Goliad Inn & Suites

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Goliad Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!