“great treat!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 32 Restaurants in Glen Rose
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Dessert
Description: UPDATE: We will be OPEN ALL WINTER (unlike previous years). We will close November 28-29 and December 26 - January 2 so that our staff can enjoy the holidays with their families.
texas
“great treat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2009

We have been several times to Loco Coyote....... LOVE it ! Nice for a bike ride or take a car load ! not hard to find just go 97 south to 1004 turn right ..on the left! Everyone we have shared this place with goes back! If you like corn meal catfish.... it is OUT of this world. Prices are great!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Stephenville
“Attitude”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2009

I thought the food would make up for the long wait and the poor service. I was wrong. Their "we'll get to you when we can" attitude won't cut it with all of my friends. Not only will we not be back, we're telling others not to bother.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
weatherford
“LUCKENBACK NUMBER TWO”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2009

I rode with 18 other bikes to this place. The service is a little slow, but this is a laid back atmoshere. If you like Luckenbach, you will like this place. The food was good, couldnt beleive the portions and reasonable priced. We had a blast there.

Fort Worth, TX
“Handicapped/Wheelchairs Not Welcome”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2009

My husband and I have heard good things about Loco Coyote from friends, and decided to take our 4 1/2 year old daughter, who is disabled and in a wheelchair. The hour and a half drive from North Fort Worth to Glen Rose turned into an almost 3 hour drive due to the rain and traffic. Much to our dissappointment, we were not able to dine; we weren't even able to get out of our car for that matter. There were no handicapped parking spaces. The parking lot was riddled with large water puddles. A gravel surface is very uneven and almost impossible to push a wheelchair in, and add big puddles of water to the mix. Where is the ramp? Only an uneven brick path leading to a big step to get on the porch. My husband ran up to see how we could get our daughter in, and only saw picnic tables which again, could not accomodate her. Were were unable to get our daughter out of the car due to the poor condition of the parking lot (if that is what you want to call it) and the lack of wheelchair accessibility. What a pity that in this day and age this establishment won't invest in a few improvements to open its doors to ALL patrons.

Texas
“Great, Laid Back Place. Great Food. Patience is a Virtue”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2009

I just read the "Service horrible, food excellent review" and quite frankly it wore me out just reading it. In defense of the author however, I admit that most of what is written in that article is true.

I've been to Loco Coyote once a little over a year ago, and have tried many times since to make my way back but things came up. I finally get to go and take some friends this Saturday. We can’t wait!

The deal with Loco Coyote is that you have to approach it as more of an adventure, than a dining experience. Take a day when you are not in a hurry, not starving, and drive to Glen Rose. It’s a nice drive, pretty open country, lot’s of big trees. Finding Loco Coyote is only half of the experience. The other half is just watching how people react like the author of the "Service horrible, food excellent” review did – especially after a few cold beers and a few laughs with friends. The way they run this place I admit is absurd, but observing people trying to grasp the experience as if it is a 4 start restaurant can be quite entertaining to say the least.

The food is excellent. Especially if you are into Texas Chicken Fried “whatever” and Texas sized portions. Try it at least once, but do call first to make sure they are open, and remember…..don’t get in a hurry. The “hurriered you get, the slower they move”. Have a great day!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere