“Great Food, Slow Service” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 32 Restaurants in Glen Rose
Cuisines: American
Garland, Texas
“Great Food, Slow Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Great food, but this is definitely a dive. The decor is rustic & charming, but it's not the cleanest place to eat. The a/c was barely working for our July visit which made it hard to enjoy the food.

Best fried pickles I've had, bar none. The blue cheese bacon chipotle burger was delicious.

The service was friendly, but extremely slow. During the hour we were there, our waitress never refilled our drinks and we finally had to walk to the register to pay without receiving our check. There were only four other tables while we were there, so not sure why the service didn't match the excellent food.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Stephenville, Texas
“Excellent burger - crowded inside”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We drove the short distance to Glen Rose to eat at the Green Pickle. (I had seen someone post favorable comments on FaceBook and wanted to try it). There was ONE table left at 11:45 Saturday morning. And this is a small building so when it is full, it is crowded. But it was crowded because of the food. I noted on the menu that this place serves breakfast but everyone was there for the hamburgers.
Everyone in my group ordered a hamburger of some kind (a bacon cheeseburger, a plain hamburger, a plain cheeseburger). I ordered a regular cheeseburger. I was told the bacon cheeseburger was the best ever - from any place - in all of time. My cheeseburger was delicious. I am not a BIG vegetable fan, but every vegetable on it was excellent.
The fries were only so-so. (Next time, I might try the chips - and there WILL be a next time).
There is a sign at the front door telling you this is not a fast food establishment. And it definitely is not. But it was well worth the wait. I am eager to return and eat at the Green Pickle again!

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Georgetown, Texas
“Great Food; Reasonable Price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

This friendly eatery and great homemade burgers and hand cut french fries. While the rest of the family ate the burgers I had a BLT sandwich and it was the best I had eaten in a restaurant.

Visited July 2014
Channelview, Texas
“Bleu Cheese Bacon Burger was excellent. ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Bleu Cheese Bacon Burger was excellent. The fries were home cut, homemade fries. Everyone enjoyed their burgers. It could use a makeover. Old and cluttered.

Colleyville, Texas
“It's OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Service was very slow, but the burgers were ok. There's not much else to choose from in the historic downtown area of Glen Rose. We may just drive to Granbury next time... there's a Babe's Chicken House there!

Visited May 2014