“Perfect Getaway From The Big City” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Anderson Creek Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Glen Rose
Anderson Creek Cabins
You added Anderson Creek Cabins to your Saves list
1448 Moody Lane, Glen Rose, TX 76043   |
Jersey Village, Texas
“Perfect Getaway From The Big City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

This was a perfect getaway from the big city. Shirley was a wonderful hostess. The cabin had all the amenities of home, but with a rustic country charm. On this trip it was just my husband and I, however, I can definitely see the potential for a girl’s weekend getaway or a family adventure. Our stay was during October 2012 which is a wonderful time of year as the air is crisp and clean. Thanks, Tina Wright

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
AndersonCreek C, Owner at Anderson Creek Cabins, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you Tina! so glad you enjoyed it and we look forward to your coming again soon!

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Arlington TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2009

My 8 yr old daughter and I went down to Glen Rose for Spring Break 2009. (March 17-19, 2009) I looked and looked and nearly every cabin was booked as that is the busiest time of year for Glen Rose. I found this cute little gray and red cabin at Anderson Creek Ranch....the only one available out there. In the picture, there was this beautiful waterfall that the back porch was literally hanging off of. It was gorgeous! The cabin was secluded, private, breathtaking view and very reasonably priced! It didn't accomodate alot of people and that was fine with me as it was just the two of us. (I think it sleeps 5 or 6) I called and got the only two nights available that week. Apparently, there are dozens of repeat guests to this cabin because they love it so much. I didn't realize I was going to fall in love with it either!!!! It was better than I ever imagined!

When we got there, Shirley Anderson, the owner, had stocked it with a thoughtful array of breakfast and snack items. There were toiletries and commodities, etc. It was as if I had walked into a fully functional, fully stocked home away from home!! If you have ever cabined, or camped, or RV'ed, you know you have to buy a ton of stuff to be self-sufficient while there. NOPE! Not there! She had thought of everything! I was very impressed and very comfortable.

The surroundings were more breathtaking that I had imagined. The porch hangs over a 15 foot drop off into a river bed , which you can climb down into and explore. The most beautiful rock formations with fossils brimming out of every corner is what greets you when you wake up in the morning. I wanted to just sit and sip coffee all day long and relax on the back porch!! So relaxing. The birds.....the crisp smells....the water trickling to your right....the gentle breeze. I didn't want to go home. :(

We managed to fit in, in 2 days, a trip to Fossil Rim Wildlife Center, Dinosaur World, the Creation Evidence museum, downtown shopping, fossil hunting. We never made it to Dinosaur Valley State Park because it was too crowded during that one specific week of the year. Even the library let us use the internet for free.

I am already waiting until I can return to this cabin. This is the kind of place I would love to retire to.

I am posting pictures up of the cabin and things around Glen Rose you may want to visit. Email me if you have any questions! Thanks!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family

Been to Anderson Creek Cabins? Share your experiences!