“Cinco De Mayo Wedding” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 7 Glen Rose B&B and Inns
Porter, Texas, United States
“Cinco De Mayo Wedding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

I did not know very much about Inn on the River except for the website provided. Much to my surprise the Inn exceeded our expectations and our stay was truly an escape and an intimate wedding was carried out without a hitch. From the moment you arrive until you leave you are wined and dined and put into relaxation mode. We cannot wait to stay again. Thank you to all the staff who made it happen so perfectly.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Abilene, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

From the reservation to checkout - Absolutely fantastic - From the rooms to the grounds -Fantastic - The dining is great -Breakfast and dinner! If they are serving the Blackberry Jalepeno pork Loin -it's great! My wife really enjoyed the Mango Tea that was available all day. All the staff was great. You can't go wrong staying here!
Scott and Kim Olson

Room Tip: Each room has it's own feel -We really liked ours because it looked out to the back porch and wa...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

Although the rooms are small they are very quaint with very tasteful decor, clean and have very comfortable feather top beds. We never spent much time in our rooms as the lovely gardens were the place to hang, rest and visit. There is a feeling of being secluded and the river running behind the large yard and large live oaks adds to the tranquil setting. We enjoyed the breakfasts and ate dinner one night. The food was very good and presented well. Service was excellent and friendly. I would stay here again. Great for a girl trip!!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are well decorated. If you have 3 people, the rooms with the sitting area with day bed...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Roanoke, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Have been going to IOTR for years. Whether as a girls getaway, a "mental health" getaway from a busy life, a business retreat, or romantic weekend it just always works. The staff and surroundings are warm & inviting. You can't beat the beds & bedding that just wrap you up in luxury. Each room has it's own unique decor. They are small but certainly adequate. If you want more space I'd suggest one of the suites. The sloping green space that takes you to the huge oak tree and seating on the peaceful riverfront are a perfect way to wind down and slow down. Breakfasts are great. If you have the chance the 3 or 4 course dinners are worth it. And you can BYOB. Extremely reasonable. You'd pay a lot more for the quality anywhere else in the DFW area. I love this place so much it was our wedding night destination.

Room Tip: The rooms at the back of the inn face the courtyard and can be quieter than the ones facing the stre...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

My husband and I love to come to the Inn on the River when we need a break from the hustle and bustle of the world. The minute you walk in, it is like walking back in time. There is iced tea available to sip while you sit and watch the river flow gently by. The rooms have the feel of staying in a friend's home, yet very private, quaint,comfy and VERY CLEAN! We added a delicious dinner to our stay and it was served in a beautiful room overlooking the back garden. A wonderful breakfast was served in this same room as well the next morning. Everything is served on beautiful china and by very efficient staff. The one thing they do not have is a tv in the room. This, for some, might be a challenge but for me, I find it a great time to either read or just spend time with my dear husband. I highly recommend the Inn on the River if you want a place to just unwind and enjoy a slower pace of life!

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the gardens are lovely.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Shreveport
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

My wife and I both have professional occupations and we needed a break from the stress of our work. When I told her I was taking her to Dinosaur Valley for a romantic Valentine's weekend she was more than a little bit skeptical and not sure at all about my mental state. The Inn on the River was the ace up my sleeve! She loved it from the moment we arrived. All the stress we had been feeling drained away almost instantly in this peaceful, friendly setting.We did go to Dinosaur Valley as well and as soon as she found the first track she was as excited as any of the Boy Scouts we used to bring camping. We had a fun weekend with folks who made us feel at home. We recommend the Inn to anyone who wants, or needs, a place to get away and recharge.This was just right for us.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
North Richland Hills, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

Inn on the River is my all time favorite place to go. It is the treat I give myself and my firends as often as I can. I love the atmosphere, food ,service, staff and owners. The shops and people of Glen Rose are exceptionally friendly. What more can I say, I .LOVE IT!! Before I leave; I am planning my next visit. The only thing I don't understand is ; why haven't more people found this wonderful get away. I am looking forward to the wine tasting in May. Of course, I can't wait that long before my next stay. Love it, love it! See you soon

Room Tip: They are all great, but I like the veranda rooms.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Inn on the River? Share your experiences!