“Looking for a great place for a get away? I foung it Inn on the RIver in Glenn Rose” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Inn on the River

You added Inn on the River to your Saves list
Inn on the River
205 S.W. Barnard St, P.O. Box 1417, Glen Rose, TX 76043   |
Ranked #1 of 7 Glen Rose B&B and Inns
North Richland Hills, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

Inn on the River is my all time favorite place to go. It is the treat I give myself and my firends as often as I can. I love the atmosphere, food ,service, staff and owners. The shops and people of Glen Rose are exceptionally friendly. What more can I say, I .LOVE IT!! Before I leave; I am planning my next visit. The only thing I don't understand is ; why haven't more people found this wonderful get away. I am looking forward to the wine tasting in May. Of course, I can't wait that long before my next stay. Love it, love it! See you soon

Room Tip: They are all great, but I like the veranda rooms.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I took a last minute overnight stay at The Inn. All I can say is I wish it were longer. As soon as we arrived, it was like time stood still. The quiet and serene property took our breath away. We actually slowed down and enjoyed "just being." We were taken back to a time where true hospitality and a genuine feeling of warmth exists. We spent time down by the river under the singing trees reminiscing about the past and dreaming of the future. Everything from the room, to the homemade cookies, the fabulous breakfast, and the conversation was perfect! We came back sad that we had to leave so soon, but relaxed and rejuvenated.

• Stayed January 2012
N Richland Hills
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012 via mobile

About an hour from Fort Worth Glen Rose is a small piece of history. The inn is beautiful with beautiful grounds and tasteful furnishings with every room unique although small. The staff is very friendly. Excellent breakfast: we had eggs benedict. Take advantage of dinner there since there are few restaurants. Walking distance to the square but not many shops still open. Short drive to Mexican food, barbecue, and a few shops in the main road into town.

• Stayed January 2012
Glen Rose, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

The Inn on the River has become our family favorite. From Get-A-Way weekends, to our daughter’s wedding and reception, our son’s prom reception, etc….we can’t think of a better place to celebrate life’s special occasions. A great place to go for a delicious romantic dinner on Friday or Saturday night and if you have not yet tried their breakfast…then make a reservation today! Pure luxury and pampering. Ready to go back. Use their cookbook all the time. Full of wonderful recipes.

Room Tip: All 22 rooms are wonderful. Enjoy trying them all.
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

My wife and I have never thought of ourselves as B&B folks. Wow, did Inn on the River change our mindset. Not only was the experience better than expected, I think the bar has been set so high that we hope other B&B's can deliver half of what we experienced at Inn on the River. Excellent accomidations, superb dining, and a staff that obviously strives for perfection, we look forward to returning knowing that this is how a get away should be.

Room Tip: All the rooms are open when not occupied, so you can see what you like. They are all similar but uni...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

We have been driving an hour and a half out of Dallas to Inn on the River in Glen Rose Texas..for the past 26 years..for rest and peace of mind..It is extremely hot in Texas at the moment, especially the city..so we left and entered a beautiful paradise.this weekend..Nice breeze with huge live oak trees...with adirondack chairs..wonderful mineral pool..Their website is innontheriver.com...They provide services for company gatherings and retreats. Ask to be on their email list and receive special offers....Glen Rose is an Old Texas town..full of surprises..".The Promise" is an outdoor theater production..held in September and October..You will arrive home as we did today feeling blessed...

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Southalke, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2010

This is one of the most relaxing places we have ever been. There are no radios or TVs at the inn, and no freeways or big airports (with their noise). Glen Rose is small-town Texas, and with the Paluxy River running through it, there simply is no better place to do nothing. My husband and I celebrated our anniversary there. The innkeepers and staff are very accommodating, the food was wonderful, the beds sumptuous, and the bathrooms (my personal dealbreaker) better than I expected. Granbury is close by if you get the urge to shop, and there are several restaurants and BBQ joints in town. Don't miss the pie place!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Inn on the River? Share your experiences!