“Very Nice Place To Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Glen Rose
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Boyd, Texas
“Very Nice Place To Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

All areas of the hotel were very clean and new looking for being open since 2004. The only problem I found was the “free” breakfast, 4 of 6 coffee dispensers were empty, eggs and pancakes were hard with no taste. The biscuits could have been used by any hockey team as pucks. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Wish they would reduce the room rate and toss the breakfast.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
GMGLRTX, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Glen Rose, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Thank you for your review. We're glad you found the staff friendly and helpful. Come back, anytime, and I'll personally ensure you get the quality breakfast that you deserve.

Steven Garcia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Natchez, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

Great check inn. Clean spacious room.
Some sort of meeting was being held on the property and they got kind of loud. I called the front desk and they immediately handled the problem.
If you are in Glen Rose Texas and looking for overnight accommodations then this is the place.

• Stayed November 2012
Many thanks for your review, and for letting me know that our staff took care of the loud guests. We'd love to have you back anytime; we'll treat you like family!

Rest regars,
West Columbia, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Very nice new upscale hotel. The breakfast was very nice. Free Parking. Couldn't ask for more. Easily accessable to the sights and activities of Glen Rose. The staff is very accommodating to our special needs.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
We appreciate you taking the time to tell us how we're doing. I'm glad you liked our hotel and, more importantly, our staff! Please come back and see us anytime. Breakfast will be on ME!

Albany, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I recently stayed here while working in the area. My stay was just over 3 weeks. I found the facility clean with a good breakfast but the best part was the staff. They were eager to help and very friendly. My needs were met in every area. I left my laptop in the room with not a concern. This is a small town but I found the services in the area sufficient for my needs. I will return when in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
GMGLRTX, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Glen Rose, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
My staff and I very much appreciate your review. Although our hotel could never be the same as home, we really believe it's our mission to make you feel like you're there as much as we can. Please come back and see us again when you're in the area. I promise you, we'll make you feel at home all over again.

The best to you,
Bryan, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Cindy was at the desk the day that we arrived, and also the next morning before we checked out. She was just wonderful---- always smiling and soooo very helpful. I will be staying at the same hotel in San Marcos, Tx. tomorrow night. She looked up, and printed a map for me, showing directions from I-35 to the hotel. It was such a pleasure visiting with her, and staying at your hotel. If I return, you can be sure I will be staying with you. Bed/pillows and room were comfortable and very clean room and bath. God bless all of you---- Sylvia May- Bryan, Texas 77802

Room Tip: 2nd floor on south side are quieter if you are a light sleeper. Loved my room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
It's always great to hear positive feedback about our staff! It means more than we can express. I will personally ensure this is passed on to Cindy, along with my highest accolades.

Many thanks,
College Station, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

This is a nice, new, clean hotel with an excellent hot breakfast and friendly staff. We stayed here 2 nights while visiting Granbury and attending "The Promiise." BUT... we had issues with our room being noisy from two sources. Our room was on the north side of the hotel which is adjacent to Highway 67 and the traffic noise was very noticable even with the A/C fan constantly running. Secondly, the noise above our 2nd floor room from kids jumping or running on the floor was bothersome enough to wake us at 6:30 am each morning. We would probably stay here again but ONLY if I got a room at the front of the hotel and on the top floor.

Room Tip: If you want the best chance for a quite room, ask for a room on the south side (front of hotel) away...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your review. We're sorry that the noise kept your stay from being as enjoyable as it could have been. If you're ever in the area and would allow us to be your hotel again in the future, perhaps we could place you in another section--away from the highway traffic.

Best regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

We go once a year to Glen Rose to see The Promise. We have stayed at Holiday Inn the last 2 times. Everyone there is sweet, very friendly! The rooms are extremely nice!
This year my daughter left her Kindle Fire in the room, thought for sure we would never see it again, but the wonderful person at the front desk went to the room and looked for it not once, but two times! When she found it they offered to mail it to me but I was able to pick it up! I can't thank her enough! :)

• Stayed September 2012
GMGLRTX, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Glen Rose, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Thank you so much for your thoughtful review. My stafff and I are very glad you enjoyed your second stay with us, and look forward to having you for a third, fourth, fifth...... I was also happy to learn that your daughter's Kindle was located, and that we were able to send it back to her. See you again soon. Be well.

Steven Garcia

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Glen Rose? Share your experiences!