“THE BEST HOTEL IVE EXPERIENCED” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Glen Rose
georgia
“THE BEST HOTEL IVE EXPERIENCED”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2008

this was the most enjoyable experience i have had in a good while. the property is very beautiful and the rooms were really big!!. I slept better on there mattress than I did on my own!!
the management was very helpful and the front desk staff as well. when making the reservation online i booked the wrong room type. When i requested to change my roomtype upon arrival, it was not available, had already been sold out, so I was upgraded at no extra charge. I WAS THERE ON BUSINESS AND THE FREE WI-FI WAS DEFINATELY A PLUS. bREAKFAST WAS ALWAYS HOT AND DELICIOUS!! BETTER THAN WHAT I EAT AT HOME. I WILL DEFINATELY BE GOING BACK AGAIN. I HAD PREVIOUSLY STAYED AT THE BEST WESTERN AND I DO HAVE TO SAY I ENJOYED MY STAY AT THE COMFORT INN AND SUITES MUCH BETTER, THE AMMENITIES ARE BETTER AND THE STAFF IS MUCH MORE HELPFUL AND FRIENDLY.

• Liked — The staff & how helpful the were and the breakfast!
  • Disliked — That I had to leave and couldnt live there!!!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
paris texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2008

We had great experience at this hotel. The staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and kid friendly. The food and amenities were great. We went to Glen Rose to see the dinosaur stuff and Fossil Rim Wildlife Center. Hotel near the places we were going and near restaurants. We had a great weekend and enjoyed our stay at this hotel.

• Liked — good sized room
  • Disliked — the sofa bed wasn't ready for use when we got in the room.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2008

Get this! Booked room online at their website & when we got there, they had given away our room! We were not even late! They were able to get us another room and discounted rate, they said, but looking up the rate online afterward showed a cheaper rate than we were given! Hotel is new and staff not yet knowledgable on how reservations work, apparently! THEN, as if it could be anymore ridiculous, after we were told there were no other rooms left in the hotel & they were turning away people all day, my brother called in for a reservation. After a 45 minute discussion and being put on hold many times, the girl gave him a room! How was that possible, I thought. So, I went downstairs to make sure there was a room and the girl said yes. NO THERE WAS NOT! When he checked in and paid for the room, someone was already in it! They got him a room elsewhere for free luckily. and gave him a refund. Worst experience with checkin I've ever had. Hotel is beautiful and new, but staff is ignorant, so beware. Side doors did not work with room keys either. Boss was out of town, so it could not be dealt with.

• Liked — How pretty the hotel is in general
  • Disliked — The reservation staff
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
El Paso
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2008

The property is beautiful on the outside...can't say the same for the people on the inside. I went here on business and they had a handful of construction workers that were playing loud music and drinking beer. I went to complain to the staff and they assured me that they would take care of it. Probably an hour later, the same noise came again. I called the front desk and they told me they have been staying there for a month and were planning to stay longer. They were well-paying customers, therefore, didn't put any more effort to allow others to get a good night of sleep. Had to get a refund and stay at the Americas Best Value Inn across the street. Should've went there the first place...and ended up saving a few bucks too.

• Liked — Nice place
  • Disliked — Lousy Clientele
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2008

This was a one night stay of necessity and we were very pleasantly surpised by this new property.

As expected in a new property, everything was in excellent shape.

The staff attention was far above what I expect at a budget-minded hotel. The manager even offered to let me use his cell phone when mine would not pick up a signal. I declined and asked to have my phone activated for long distance calls-- understanding that I would be charged for the calls. However, when I checked out the following morning, the calling fee for my brief call had been waived! Score one for customer service!

The continental breakfast was full, warm (or cold, as necessary) and fresh..even though we went down after the morning rush. Pretty standard offerings...waffles, biscuits and gravy, eggs, cereal, fruit, yogurt, juice, coffee...but of a better than average quality.

The only negative thing I have to say is that we booked a king with a sleeper sofa and were given a king with a lounge chair. However, I didn't take off a star because I feel sure they would have quickly corrected the problem if I had called their attention to it. We were simply just too tired at check-in to go through the process of getting another room!

We will be staying here again and I hope that they maintain their exceptional staff.

• Liked — the staff
  • Disliked — lack of dining within walking distance
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Glen Rose? Share your experiences!