“Hometown Cooking” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Hometown Cooking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

A favorite place among locals to go for lunch after church. Excellent in appearance and you are always met by friendly staff. l love good bread and butter - they serve it.
The menu is pretty standard by Texas Standards and all my experiences here have been somewhere between good and very good. I will continue to go there.
For travelers, its what your looking for, with easy in and out access to I-35 or Hiway 29,

• Visited April 2014

Guildford, United Kingdom
“Go for the filet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

Went as a group 3 had the filet 3 had other cuts but the filet was the best and worth the extra. The margaritas were also excellent. Quick friendly service.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

My husband and I like to go to LongHorn for lunch where I usually get the soup and salad combo. I am not the most adventuresome when it comes to trying new things on the menu. But last week we took our grandson and his wife to dinner and I tried the new blackened salmon over cheddar grits. Every bite was melt in my mouth good. This may be my new favorite. The service is always good; salads fresh; the bread is sooo just-out-of-the-oven yummy; and there is seldom a long wait.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Georgetown, Texas
“Good service with a variety of lunch menu choices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

A group of four stopped in for lunch. Everyone wanted salad and this was a good place for that. Also big baked potatoes and great selection for soup and sandwiches. Our server was very helpful and attentive.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Burnet, Texas
“Fantastic Service and Food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

We visited during late afternoon before the evening rush, so we may have gotten better service than usual, but our server was FANTASTIC as was the Cook. My partner had the steak and lobster tail and they were perfectly cooked. The steak was very tender and lobster very fresh & cooked to perfection, done but not "rubbery".

I did not want a steak, but saw the salmon on the menu. Unfortunately, menu states it is marinaded in a "whiskey" marinade. Now, I like my whiskey, neat or with coca-cola but never acquired taste for whiskey marinades. I asked the waitress if they had any salmon that was not marinaded, she went back to cook and he did, as he usually saves a few for "problem customers" (like me - lol). He cooked the simple salmon steak exactly right. Done all the way through, but not over done. It was obviously a very fresh cut of salmon from the taste. Now I have had better salmon where a dill or other marinade was used or cooked over open flame, but for plain salmon steak this was the best I have had. Sides and dessert were on par with the entrees! Our waitress was also very friendly, professional & attentive, without "hovering".

The decor is modern western, stylish without being fancy or yuppie. Extremely clean. They also have nice bar area at a nicely situated distance away from dining area.

The menu is complete, offering something for everyone from steaks to chicken to seafood and in between. With the variety of sides even a vegetarian can get good meal if they order a la carte. Good selection of appetizers and desserts too.

A bit expensive, but not overly so, for a upper-scale steak house.

Highly Recommend. Longhorn would be great place for higher end business lunch or dinner, special occasions or if you want a really great meal. Due to the cost I would not recommend for families with pre-teen children or those on a restricted budget other than for that very special occasion.

• Visited November 2013