“Very nice!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Georgetown
Pittsburgh, PA
“Very nice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay here while visiting a relative in Georgetown.
The hotel is exceptionally clean and the room was very comfortable. The staff was friendly and accommodating as well.
Will certainly visit again!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

What an improvement from last year when we visited Georgetown. The front desk staff was very accommodating and friendly, the hotel was clean, my husband loved the biscuits & gravy for breakfast and we were able to get a good nights sleep before getting back on the road.
Hopefully the construction will be completed before our next visit.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I made my reservation and added a note as to where I'd "prefer" to be, since we have stayed here several times in prior years (for two decades). We arrived and they didn't have my preference (they said they didn't see it on the reservation). Okay, fine. Well, since they ignored that preference, I was hoping they could at least put me on the same floor with my family (who had two other rooms, and who have also been staying there for years). Nope..... no can do. Fine, we'll deal with it. We get to the room, and my children wanted to access the Wi-Fi. We input the code, but it doesn't work. I am down in the lobby waiting for more family to arrive, so I stopped by the front desk to let them know that the code doesn't work. She tells me that I have to call tech support. Exactly why is that my responsibility? Anyway, She tells me the number is up in my room (3rd floor) on the desk. I told her that I wasn't headed back to my room right now, so if she could just give it to me, I'd write it down and call. She rudely said "Well, I don't know it. It's up in your room on the desk. We went out and called when we got back. After about 30 or 40 minutes of talking to tech- support, they were able to get it working (by this time it was after 10pm). I was just very frustrated by the way they handled everything (or expected US to handle it), none of it being our fault. Very poor service.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
hiegeorgetowngm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Georgetown, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit and for taking the time to write about your experience at our hotel. We strive to accommodate all of our guests and their needs and I’m disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. I am very sorry you were not satisfied with the customer service you received. We take all reviews very seriously and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Please contact me as I would like to discuss this further.

Regards,
Randy Denison
512/591-7890
Houston, TX USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

My reservation was made for me so I was waiting to see the outcome, not that I doubt Holiday Inns. However, upon arrival the lady at the front desk was so very nice as well as accommodating and that started my stay out with a plus. Couple that with a comfy bed, plenty of hot water, continuous running AC with cold air and beautiful surroundings and I thoroughly enjoyed my restful stay.
Finally, my work carried me considerable over the checkout time. I was not in a position to notify the front desk but when I arrived Chris at the desk very kindly checked me out without charge. Can't get any better than that! Stay there when in the Hill Country!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
McAllen, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Hotel was nice and Willow at the front desk was very accommodating and friendly. The beds were comfortable and the air conditioning workied well. The breakfast was the usual holiday inn express fare. We would stay here again if we were passing through. The hotel looks relatively new.

glen ellyn
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We picked this hotel because it has a pool that our kids desperately needed after a long road trip BUT, the pool was going through repairs so it wasn't available to us. The guy at the front desk didn't offer any reduction on our room rate or consolation of any kind as a result. The man at the desk could have been a mannequin, he was just as helpful as one. Every time we walked by the front desk he was in his mannequin position - motionless, sitting there, staring at a screen.
We also asked for milk for the baby bottle and he wouldn't help us.

Room Tip: call ahead and make sure the pool is functioning
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Georgetown, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear julie d,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry about the swimming pool being worked on the poor customer service you received. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Austin, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Our family has a reunion close by, so many of us (6 rooms) stayed at this Holiday Inn. I was very pleased with the hotel. The rooms were very nice, with microwave and small refrigerator in each. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom amenities were good. The towels could have been a bit larger and thicker, but they were fine. The breakfast was great - eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, yogurt, cinnamon rolls, bagels, cereal, juices, 4 blends of coffee, and a pancake maker! Push the button and about a minute later 2 pancakes come out on a little conveyor belt. So fun. The desk clerks were very helpful and pleasant.
I read the comment about the "construction nightmare". there is a pretty easy way to get there crossing I35 just south of the hotel and using some of the residental streets to get to the hotel.
This would be a good hotel for the formula one races since it is very close to the 130 toll road.
Pros - comfortable beds, good breakfast, clean, attractive public areas, very convenient.
Con - the linoleum in the elevator does need replacing. The pool chlorine was not regulated well so we could not swim.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Georgetown? Share your experiences!