“Nice hotel - indoor pool” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Georgetown
Los Angeles, California
“Nice hotel - indoor pool”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights over Thanksgiving. It is a convenient location for visiting family in Sun City. The hotel is pretty new and has an indoor pool that was nice. Room was pretty standard for this type of hotel. However there were some issues - Bathtub took forever to drain and one morning water was dripping from the ceiling in the bathroom. It was clear from the patches on the ceiling that it was not the first time that had happened. We called the front desk and while we were out they did patch up the ceiling again. Every day they refilled the room with 3 towels even though 4 of us were registered in the room. I called to get another towel and they asked me to come to the front desk to get it. One of the times we were at the pool, there were no pool towels. Someone else went to the front desk and they brought out some more. Breakfast was ok but the day they had pancakes I had to ask for syrup and they were completely out of non-fat milk one day. Still I would probably stay here again because my kids like the pool and I didn't see another hotel in the area will an indoor pool.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This is a very nice facility. We had a large, nicely furnished room with a lounge chair and a large counter in bathroom. It is conveniently located right off I-35. And there are a number of dining and shopping options close by.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hollister, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Clean, large room; comfortable beds. Grandkids enjoyed the indoor pool and breakfast. Easy access heading south on I-35, a little more difficult to reach heading north or from downtown Georgetown. Several good restaurants in downtown Georgetown, charming town square.

Room Tip: Upper-level rooms on the west side will avoid highway traffic noise.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

For a hotel that looks like it was newly constructed there are some serious issues. Staff is vocally unhappy with management. Had nothing but trouble w/every aspect of stay & checked out early to avoid further frustration. I too was locked out of my room which made me two hours late meeting my crew. Unacceptable!!

Room Tip: I would not recommend anything at this hotel.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Georgetown, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Dear HERMAN N,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We take comments such as these seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information regarding your stay.

I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Austin, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

We recently stayed here for a couple of nights in an executive king suite (an oversized suite). It was ample and very clean and had a good lay-out. The room had a microwave and refrigerator, a desk, sleeper sofa, and open closet.

As far as Holiday Inn Express hotels, this one is fairly comparable to others we've stayed at except that their seem to be some minor staffing issues. For example, both mornings the breakfast staff personal did not show up for work and the front desk personal was doing double duty. The start of breakfast ran behind roughly 20+ minutes and while not a huge issue for my family, there were some families that seemed affected by this issue.

Further, their seemed to be an issue with tons of crickets around the hotel and some occasionally made their way into the hotel. We had 2 visit us in our 3 floor room and one of those tried to take my son's bath before he himself got in. A little yucky (though I understand their is a bit of a cricket issue in north central Texas in some places).

They did have a very nice indoor pool which my daughter and son both enjoyed. Also, as a priority club member we received a bottle of water and power bar, which was a nice and unexpected treat.

Overall, I'd say this hotel is more of a 3.5 rather than a 3, but with just a few minor tweeks could easily be a 4-4.5.

Room Tip: Coffee in room is stronger than coffee at breakfast...ask for extra packets if you like your coffee...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

Greeted by the attendant at the front desk was very friendly. The bed was wonderful, very comfortable. Sorry for the person that had a bad experience, that would upset me too. All went well for us. The breakfast was good too, not fantastic but filling.

Room Tip: Our room faced the freeway and I was concerned about freeway noise; there was none. Nice and quiet.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Fergus Falls
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

I stayed at this relatively new Holiday Inn Express and Suites May 13-15, 2012 and to say I had a bad experience is to say the Titanic was a minor boating accident. I was in room 216 until the electronic door lock broke on 5/14 at about noon and I was locked out of my room for 2 hrs as a maintenance man was called and the front desk folks tried using a "decoder" to open the door. I finally got into my room so I could change my clothes for dinner and went out beleiving the problem was solved..NOT..!! When I got back at 9:30 pm I again was unable to open the door and after 5 trips to the front desk for new "electronic keys" I was told to wait in the front lobby as the desk clerk called her "boss" after an hour wait I was told to go to a different room and by this time it was after 10pm. Keep in mind my clothes and personal items were still in my room. So I went into room 218 and went to sleep to be rudely awakened after midnight to go to room 216 to get my stuff because they had to "Break into the Room" and could not protect my stuff. It was a complete "Cluster Fruck" and I was promised that my room was to be "compted" due to the experience but, of course, when i got my bill I was charged full price. The staff was both uneducated and ignorant as to how to solve the problem and had no training in customer service. It was a really, really bad experience.

Room Tip: Based on my advice, I recommend you avoid this hotel when in the Austin area.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Georgetown, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Dear FlyboyTed56,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay. I apologize for the inconvenience the unusual condition of the room may have caused you. I would like to take the opportunity to discuss this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Georgetown? Share your experiences!