“Great property near firewheel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Garland
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Great property near firewheel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Cool new hotel, it was super clean & the staff were very friendly. The bar is cool but was pretty dead during my stay. Great beds, good size room, flat screen TV. Location is a lil remote, but firewheel area is close. Movie theater, restaurants, shopping, & water park.

• Stayed February 2013
Paul B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Garland, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Guest , I am glad you liked our “Cool new Hotel” and yah there is plenty of recreational options around here .We are just min away from great dinning , mall and water park . Would love to see you back.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I've stayed here twice and I absolutely love it. When my partner comes in from out of town..we choose to stay here. Its a quite place. I love the service we get and overall experience is always good. Kick back and relax.

• Stayed May 2013
Glad to hear you get same consistency every time you stay with us . Would love to have you back . Thanks for choosing Holiday Inn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

My family and I stayed here for a week for a vacation. The hotel looked very nice and the staff was friendly. The room and bathroom was a good size and clean. The restaurant had good food for the price. The location was within minutes of shopping, and the highway. The only problem we had was the fire alarm went off twice in the middle of the night due to the cooks burning the breakfast food. Overall, this was a nice hotel and I would recommend it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Paul B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Garland, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
We are glad your were able to enjoy your time off with us. Hopeful we will get to serve you again on your next visit .
Nashotah, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I was down in Texas on business and then vacation. My father lives down there and my Sister and myself went to visit him. We got a hotel to just spend some time together and have some fun. When we stumbled upon the Holiday Inn it looked nice and the front desk worker was very nice to us. We got a great deal on a room and it seemed like we would have a great time... I was mistaken.

I paid for the first night and my Dad was putting the 2nd night on his card. I've worked in reservations and front desk, so normally you'd just close out one card for one night and charge the other for the other night. Well they ended up charging my card twice and my Dad's three times (he ended up staying for 3 nights). So here I was on vacation with an extra $114 charged to my card. I went to the front desk to get it fixed and they said it was released but two days later the charge was still there. I called my bank and they said they had it on hold for another two days. When I called the manager at Holiday Inn he wasn't very helpful and tried talking around the situation saying I had to talk to my bank even though I already did that. So I ended up spending a couple hours of my vacation time dealing with Holiday Inn and there lack of caring or sympathy. It was unreal. Well I ended up getting it fixed four days later then went to get gas after returning home and my debit card had locked up because the Holiday Inn had tried to run my card so many times... Seriously?!?

I will NEVER stay at the Holiday Inn again... ANYWHERE. I travel A LOT, for work and play and have never experienced this. It's really about the principal and lack of caring that the workers had. I am loyal to those who make the effort, not to those who think that they can do whatever and put blame elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Garland, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Taylor C,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Garland.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Longview, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

This property is very well run. I have stayed at 50+ IHG hotels in the last five years and this one ranks close to the top of my favorites. It is extremely clean and the staff is very friendly. I was going to have one nightcap and then retire but the bar tender was so outgoing and friendly I stayed well past my bed time.

I highly recommend this Holiday Inn!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest, Thank you so much for your wonderful comments . I am really honored to hear that you value our hotel so much. We thank you for patronizing us and we would love to have you back .
Frankfort, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Stayed at this Holiday Inn over the Thanksgiving holiday. The rooms were clean and the beds comfortable with the exception of the pillows. They were banded soft or firm but it meant nothing. They were firm or lumpy. I called for a soft pillow but it took so long I called again and told them I needed to get to sleep so forget about the pillow. They said that they would send one in the morning but that never happened and I needed to call again the next night. I did get one then. There was no makeup mirror in the bathroom and the mirror over the sink was to far for me so I had to put makeup on in the mirror in the foyer which was really not that well lit. The lobby was very plain and there were just two chairs and one table. It was hard to look for the ride I was waiting for since the chairs were far from the entrance. The desk people were not overly friendly, no hello or goodbye. All in all, I would stay there again because it is the closest to my daughter's house and they have to pick us up every day. It was clean and quiet and comfortable, except for the pillows, so if you just need a place to sleep it"s OK. I did not eat there so I can not comment on the food.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Paul B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Garland, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear guest we appreciate your candid comments. We take guest reviews very seriously and make every effort to improve our Modus operandi based on guest feedback. I am glad you had a satisfactory stay with some minor concerns. Being part of hotel chain we have some compliance standards and every effort is made to make sure to incorporate all guest feedback .I will be forwarding your suggestion /comments to appropriate authority for further consideration.
College Station, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Stayed here for two nights and it was very comfortable and the rooms are very modern (kind of decorated like the Aloft hotels) The hotel was clean and appeared pretty new. I thought the parking lot was too dark so was glad to get a spot near the front of the hotel. The front desk staff was efficient, but not warm. Questions were treated somewhat like a burden.
The exercise room was small but had the basic machines, but nothing else. The bar area was not very appealing, and I didn't eat at the restaurant. There are lots of good chain restaurants very near by. I would stay at this hotel again if I was in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear guest, Thank you for your comments .I am glad you had a comfortable stay.

Been to Holiday Inn Garland? Share your experiences!