“Clean, comfortable, well-designed space.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland/Richardson

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland/Richardson to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland/Richardson
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5105 North President George Bush Highway, Garland, TX 75040   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Garland
Temple, Texas
“Clean, comfortable, well-designed space.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

The hotel space and cleanliness is great. Hotel staff members are friendly. I called down for some additional pillows and they gladly said, "Sure, can you come down and get them." Which is better than my stay at another hotel where they said they would bring them up, but never did.

The breakfast is fantastic. Fruit, yogurt, egg/spinach/cheese bagels and croissants, granola, and more.

• Stayed January 2013
Scott P, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland/Richardson, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments & for taking the time out of your day to do so! We always enjoy getting feedback & hearing that a guest enjoyed their stay. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon!

Scott Perrine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Pgh PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Great 2 night stay for 2 adults, 1 child, Dec 25-27, 2012.
* Friendly staff
* Super clean all over hotel & rooms
* Wonderful comp breakfast with variety each day
* Comp newspapers
* Easy location off highway
* Lots of restaurants within walking distance
* Over-size rooms (we just had standard 2 queen room) Has sofa, desk, too
* 2 comp computers in lobby + printer for your use
* Pool looked nice (outdoor) but too cold for us right now!!
* Great price = $110 a night
* Beds/Bedding comfy & clean

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Scott P, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland/Richardson, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank for the wonderful comments regarding your most recent stay with us. We are so glad to hear that you had an enjoyable experience. We sincerely appreciate your loyalty and hope to see you again soon! Happy New Year.

Naperville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Business travel brings me often to this friendly and courteous hotel. Guests are greated by the hotel staff who have a sense or humor and are extremely friendly. The rooms are consistently clean. A hosted breakfast each morning is filled with goodies including hot eggs, oat meal, fruit, etc. There are two free computers with a printer in the lobby. The computer on the right is faster than the one on the left. Two restaurants are across the parking lot: Matt's mexican restaurant has outstanding food and the best margarita in town; Buffalo Wild Wings is typically noisey with sports on the TV. A quick drive (or even walk) around the corner is Thai Jasmine located in the mall across the street in front of Target and near Starbucks. This is a friendly and outstanding Thai restaurant - a favorite. WalMart, Sam's Club, and Target in the same nearby mall.

Room Tip: Just ask for the "quietest room" and they'll do so. I've stayed on various floors...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Scott P, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland/Richardson, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
This was absolutely wonderful to read! Thank you so much. I know our current and future guests are going to really enjoy and appreciate this. We're so glad to hear that the staff, the room accommodations and location all met your expectations. Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to do so and most importantly, thank you for your loyalty. We certainly hope to see you again soon.

Very Sincerely,

Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I have been travelling to Garland each year for business. Others have recommended some different hotels in the area to try, but I refuse because this Hyatt Place feels like my home away from home. My typical stay is a 5 nights. It is important for me to feel the comforts of home when I am away for this period of time. This establishment hits the mark every time. The rooms are new and clean. The furnishings are modern. The office accessories are ideal for a short or extended stay. Service is friendly and outstanding also. On my last trip I arrived for a late 11:30pm check in. When I got to my room i wanted to unwind by watching the TV. I noted the remote batteries were missing and called down to the front desk. A new remote was brought to my room in a few minutes at 11:30 at night.
I always take advantage of the breakfast and enjoy the diverse selection. They have even accomodated my request for richer and bolder tasting coffee in the morning.
There is a great selection of restaraunts to chose from all with in steps from the hotel.
It is comforting to know that when I am scheduled to visit Garland that the one thing I do not have to worry about is which Hotel I will be staying at. See you next spring.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Scott P, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland/Richardson, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words! It's wonderful to hear that the hotel, the rooms, the staff, & the services provided all exceeded your expectations. Knowing that we were able to provide a comfortable home away from home experience for you means a lot to each and every one of us. We want to strive towards providing authentic hospitality throughout each encounter. We're so delighted that you chose our hotel and look forward to seeing you again soon.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Was checked into a dirty room. Called one hour ago and asked for clean sheets, the bed had been slept in and the sheets are soiled! Would NEVER stay here again and will NOT suggest this dump to anyone. Thought Hyatt was a better brand. Very sad!!!

• Stayed September 2012
Scott P, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland/Richardson, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
First and foremost, I'm so sorry that you had to go through an experience like this. I'm deeply embarrassed and no guest should ever be checked into a room that has not properly been cleaned & inspected. I can assure you that I will investigate this with the utmost attention as to ensure this doesn't happen again to you or any of our valued guests in the future. I was also deeply saddened that it took over an hour for our team to respond. That is unacceptable and we pride ourselves on better service that what you encountered. I'm so sorry for this terrible experience and we're going to work to make it better. Please feel free to contact me directly as I would like to get further details as well as ensure you are not charged for your stay.

Very Respectfully,

St. Martinville, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Our king room was clean, quiet and very large with wrap around sectional sofa separated from the bedroom by a small partition. A 42-inch flat screen HD TV can be viewed from either the sofa or the bedroom. There’s a convenient desk and chair work area across from a bar with a refrigerator. Wireless throughout the hotel. Also two hotel computers with a black and white printer are available for guests. Aqua-fresh toothpaste is provided in the room along with high quality toiletries.

Breakfast offered way to many options to list here but highlights were egg on english muffin with ham and cheese cooked fresh on a hot skillet, hot oatmeal, gourmet teas, fresh fruit, large juice selection, everything you would expect to order in a restaurant but it was all complimentary with the room. The staff is well trained. They treat you more like you would expect from a bed and breakfast host. Terrific concept for a hotel, it seems they thought of everything.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Scott P, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland/Richardson, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Thank you so very much for the wonder review! I shared it with our team and we really enjoyed your "they thought of everything" headline! We have a lot of really wonderful folks here that take an immense amount of pride in what they do each day. Hearing great feedback such as yours really brightens their day! We're so glad that you enjoyed your time with us from the comfort of the room, to the service, and espeically the new complimentary breakfast program. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon.

Tyler, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

When you factor cost relative to the quality of the facility, comfort of the rooms, and amenities this hotel is a good value. The facility was fresh, clean and modern, with a hint of a Asian influence. Parking was ample, easy to negotiate and appeared safe and well lighted. The room, a double queen, was very spacious and nicely appointed. The beds were comfortable, linens and pillows were nice quality. Large flat screen TV and sitting area gave the room the feel of a high end property. Climate controll to the room was good and the rooms were quite. I found very little inside or out that was amiss at the facility. Location is great, even if you don't use the toll road. The complementary breakfast was very good, the staff had told me that they had recently rolled out a new breafast "Kitchen Skillet" line. The food was very good and the selection was varied. The only limiting mark for the entire stay was the staff, and dinning space was a little overwhelmed during breakfast. My daughter and I arrived well before the breafast line was slated to close (around 9 a.m.) and found a good selection, and adequate seating (although I had to bus my own table to clear of the prior occupant's dishes). Thirty minutes later, I was going to make a tray for my wife who was ariving later. However, many of the items were out i.e., oat-meal, coffe, many of the signiture breafast sandwiches, utensiles and plates were also scarse or non-existant. She wound up with a cup of decafinated coffe and a baggle.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Scott P, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland/Richardson, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thank you for this wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay. We're glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your time with us along with the hotel services & location. The new breakfast program is getting rave reviews! We hope to see you again soon and thank you again for chosing Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland!

Been to Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland/Richardson? Share your experiences!