“Great hotel and friendly staff!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland/Richardson

You added Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland/Richardson to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland/Richardson
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5105 North President George Bush Highway, Garland, TX 75040   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Garland
Austin, Texas
“Great hotel and friendly staff!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I was very impressed with this Hyatt. Immediately upon entering I was warmly greeted by the staff. Brittney checked me in and then gave me a tour of the hotel along with an explanation of all the amenities. She was very friendly and warm. The entire hotel was clean as was my room. The rooms are spacious with a great tv and mini refrigerators. There are several restaurants that are in walking distance and even more in the general area.

I admit I was hesitant to stay at this hotel based on my past experiences at other locations. I am glad I decided to give it a shot. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Scott P, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland/Richardson, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Brittany is one of our most sincere & genuine hosts. We're so fortunate to have her on our team and we're certainly pleased to hear that she took excellent care of you. Thank you so much for giving us the opportunity to serve you and we're delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay, the hotel, & the area! Hope to see you again real soon!

Very Sincerely,

Scott Perrine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Most of the staff were helpful and very pleasant, except for the one that told me he was "a little busy" and walked away. The wood in our room smelled like mildew...probably wiped it with a stinky rag. So I cleaned all the wood. The cleaning crew never left enough towels even though the front desk told us they would. I repeatedly had to ask for extra towels. One day I had to ask for extra towels, a floor towel, clean glasses, tissue and a plastic bag for the ice bucket (which wasn't cleaned out). I should have asked them to vacuum, but I didn't bother. Isn't that part of cleaning a room? The hallway was vacuumed once during our stay. We found shards of glass on the floors. My daughter sat on one (on the couch) in the lounge area. Breakfast was decent but I had to wipe down our table on 2 occasions. The staff were not busy at all. Just chatting with each other. Would be nice if they did their job first. We left early in the morning and had to carry all our luggage because other guests did not return the carts. I'm sure I'm missing something. We won't go back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Scott P, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland/Richardson, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
We are so sorry to hear that your stay was less than enjoyable. We're embarrassed that so many issues went overlooked & apparently unresolved. I agree that they could of been easily avoided had our team taken the extra step & paid closer attention to their environment. It seems we feel extremely short for not only exceeding expectations, but barley meeting them. We certainly would encourage you to give us another opportunity to serve you better & in the manner we historically & consistently deliver. I will be certain to share this feedback with our entire team so we can look for our opportunities to quickly improve. Thank you for taking the time to respond so we can ensure we do a much more effective job in the future. On behalf of the entire hotel & of Hyatt, I'm deeply sorry that your stay was less than satisfying. If I can be of any assistance or if you'd like to discuss further, please don’t hesitate & feel free to reach out to me directly.

Very Respectfully,
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

Hyatt was our refuge after a softball tournament! Very conveinant (5 min) to field, plenty of restaurant choices, Target close by, and conveinant to the tollway. The rooms are large, roomy and comfortable. The lobby is great, great breakfast and food and drinks in the evening! The staff is very helpful and courteous. We found some ants in our room and no questions asked and they happily moved us. We also really enjoyed the nice pool area. Very pretty for this small hotel. We will definitely stay again when in the area.

• Stayed July 2012
, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland/Richardson, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
We're so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Convenience is very important to my family when we travel so having accessibility to shopping & restaurants is a must! So nice to hear that our hotel was able to provide the same. Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again real soon!

Amarillo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I love Hyatt Place. This one is a bit bigger than others we have stayed in, and the floor plan, therefore, is not the same regarding ground floor amenities. The workout room had a treadmill, and a couple of other pieces of equipment. Very quiet. Right by the Garland convention center.
The living area of this new Hyatt Place was a bit bigger than other Hyatt Places we've stayed in - nice.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland/Richardson, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
We always get excited when we hear the words "I love Hyatt Place". This is an incredible brand and the hotel was built with some incredible amenities. Our team is passionate about authentic hospitality and exceeding any & all guest expectations. We're glad you enjoyed your time with us and thank you sincerely for this great feedback.

Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

This hotel is beautiful and there are restaurants in the same parking lot for convenience. This is not your typical Hyatt Place, there is ample meeting space at this hotel for a small business meeting, I was very impressed. Food and beverage was great and the rooms was FANTASTIC as always. I love staying at Hyatt Place!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Being a newer built Hyatt Place, we have 15,000sf of flexible meeting space! It has given us an incredible opportunity to host various venues from weddings, corporate meetings, to large conferences. We also have an Executive Chef on staff who customizes our client menus. Thanks for staying with us and for your loyalty to Hyatt! Hope to see you again real soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

We were very pleased with this hotel as far as the room is concerned. Being a suite, it fit our family of four much better than a normal room. The rate was great. We were able to see fireworks from our room since we were there for the fourth and they made sure we had a room where we could see them.

Only issue came with breakfast. One morning, my daughter noticed her yogurt had expired by 11 days. When I brought it to an employee, he just grabbed it and walked away; no apology or anything. Later, I went back up to get more yogurt for her. The WHOLE bowl they had of yogurt was expired yogurt. So the employee took mine but kept offering expired yogurt for everyone else. I went to the manager to have them fix the issue and get my daughter a yogurt.

We will come back but I am a little leary of their free breakfast.

• Stayed July 2012
, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland/Richardson, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
This was really valuable feedback especially regarding the expired yogurt. Thank you for bringing this to our immediate attention. First and foremost, I'm very sorry to hear that our team wasn't more emphatic with the situation regarding a sincere apology. Second of all, our team has much better quality control and the expiration dates should have been checked well in advance. Again, thank you for your prompt attentiveness and I sincerely apologize for this experience. We're going to review extensively with our team this week and ensure this doesn't occur in the future. We hope that the remainder of your stay was enjoyable and we certainly hope we have the opportunity to see you again.

Very Respectfully,

Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

We were recently in the area for a family reunion, and this was our host hotel. The hotel was very clean and everything appeared to be new. The rooms were very spacious and had a sitting area with sofa and ottoman, a work desk, mini-fridge and counter space. The large (probably 42 inch) flat screen TV was on a swivel, therefore visible from both the living room area and the bedroom area. The bedroom was not separate, but did have a divider from the rest of the room. The only (minor) complaint would be that the bathroom was quite small in comparison with the rest of the room, and closet was small and awkwardly placed.

The hotel was conveniently located near a shopping mall, a Walmart, and quite a few restaurants were just a short drive away (there were a couple within walking distance). The staff was extremely helpful and placed our room close to other family members. There were a couple of other functions going on at the hotel during our stay (some type of convention, a wedding, and a baseball team), but we had plenty of room for our family to mix and mingle with each other without being disturbed or overrun by the other functions. We did not use the pool, but it did look sparkling clean. The breakfast area was HUGE and had plenty of room for the people eating at any given time. Again, one small complaint was that there was no "protein" on the breakfast menu other than milk and yogurt, so it was mostly cereals, breads, pastries and fruit. The first morning there were boiled eggs, but apparently they don't offer that on Saturday and Sunday. Omelets and "cook to order" eggs for a fee. Oh, and there's Starbucks specialty drinks on site....can't beat that with a stick!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland/Richardson, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Wow! This is incredible feedback! It was so much fun for us to host your family reunion and the entire team enjoyed meeting all of you! Thank you for the wonderful comments and we're so glad the hotel exceeded your expectations. We are very excited to announce that our complimentary breakfast is getting an incredible upgrade in the next month or so. All of our wonderful Hyatt Place properties are implementing the new Hyatt Place Skillet Breakfast! It's 100% complimentary and will include an array of new items!

I'll be sure to pass your wonderful notes on to our team and we hope you can make it back to Garland soon!

Scott Perrine

Been to Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland/Richardson? Share your experiences!