“good hotel, poor location.” 3 of 5 stars

Days Inn Dallas
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3645 Leon Road, Garland, TX 75041   |
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Garland
Copenhagen, Denmark
“good hotel, poor location.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

This hotel is nice and clean with all the usual amenities. A very nice place to rest your head after a long day out, but absolutely nothing else.
The hotel is located between the highway, a railway and some industry - not exactly a pretty view and expect some noise at night from the traffic. Not a surrounding to explore!
But for the price we paid ( internetrate 40$ a night for 3 people )absolutely worth the price and with a car it is easy to reach both Dallas and Forth Worth - or as easy as it gets with the horrible horrible traffic of these cities!!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Tacoma, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

This Days Inn has the worst customer service ever. I've stayed at other Days Inn and don't have any complaints. WOULDN'T RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO MY WORST ENEMY. STAY AWAY!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

staff was nice, easy check-in. area did not seem to good, terrible location. rooms were ok, had fridge & microwave. it wasn't clean, AC made a lot of noise, the beds were terrible. tv reception was poor on some channels

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Montclair, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

The girls from housekeeper were so friendly and helpful at all the times, but the front desk staff were kind of weird because one day they were nice, smiling faces and the other day they were kind of serious specially the manager there. I have request the only room with a kitchen they had there and the manager didn't gave it to me she gave me some unacceptable speech that they had it for some guy they knew, but the room was available... We were going to stay there at least 3 to 4 weeks so she gave us a good rate but we had to leave before that, business wasn't going so well so far, but who really did our stay so comfortable and wonderful were the housekeeper staff. The rooms are very comfortable and nice but there is a train trail in the back of the hotel that some times it gets to uncomfortable the noise but not a big deal, the area it's not good at all but the hotel is.

Room Tip: The non-smoking rooms are the most beautiful and with new and nice furniture and 32 LCD TV. The sm...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
San Antonio, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

We booked through a website and confirmed/paid with a credit card. When we got in, they told us they overbooked and sent us to a Super 8 down the road. The Super 8 had us worrying about our safety. It was a little late by then (10pm) to be looking for another place, so we had no choice but to stay. I did my research to find a good hotel and they overbooked and sent us to a crappy one. Either I missed the apology or there wasn't one given.

Freeport, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

The staff was nice and also didnt have my room I booked but gave me a room with king size bed at no extra cost because I payed for it already when I booked the room.The room was clean.Bed was alil hard.It also had a safe in the room,coffee maker,blow drye and free wifi.Had a computer down stairs for the guest to use.Another plus you dont have to carry your stuff up flights of stairs.They have an elevator.But over all it was a good stay.I would stay there again and recommend this to anyone.Before I go the price was pretty good.

Bethany, LA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

When we arrived at the hotel the guy checking us in informed me that they did not have the room I booked available. Was very rude about it also. Told me that he would let me have a roll away bed at no additional cost. We checked in at 2:30 and the roll away bed did not arrive in the room until after 10:30 that night. I went down at 8:00 pm to ask where it was and was told that it would be right up. At 10:30 my wife went down to the front desk to ask again. When she arrived at the front desk the clerk was sitting on the counter bare footed eating pizza. He told my wife that he had just called our room and that no one answered. The phone had not rang. All of this happened after we had arrived back at the hotel around 9:30 pm from going out to eat. Which at this time we were harassed by a prostitute in the parking lot. The next morning my daughter and I were going to go swimming. WRONG!! The pool was nasty with all kinds of trash floating in the water. Room service never changed or cleaned the room the two nights that we stayed as well.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!!!!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn Dallas? Share your experiences!