“Could be better” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Garland
Glen Ellyn
“Could be better”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We had to take this hotel because most of the major hotels close to Dallas Convention Center were full due to the AHR Show to which we were assisting. We stayed 3 nights from sunday Jan. 27 to wednesday Jan. 30, finding that the phone system was down, and always promising to be fixed next day. Which never happens. besides this on wednesday morning also the wi-fi was down. We were 3 people taking 3 separate rooms. We were thinking that La Quinta Inn had a better standard of service. I do not recommend this hotel in particular, and will question the rest of them. Also, the reception smelled very much to smoke.

Room Tip: Rooms away fron the reception are quieter
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Recently spent a couple of nights here. It is an older hotel and could use a little updating, but it was clean & the staff was friendly & efficient. We had two adjoining rooms. Both were clean, but one had a slight stale smoky smell. (As in it used to be a smoking room, and as is normal in that situation, there is a lingering smell.) One of the rooms had a mini-fridge and microwave, but the other did not.
The hotel was conveniently located for our purposes, and the price was great.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Tyler, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

This hotel was nothing to write home about. But it was the only hotel in the area that did not charge extra for pets and wasn't to much of a dive. It was conveniently located next to the highway and Denny's. But as for other restaurants. Nothing else within walking distance.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

Me and my family have spent every weekend here for the past month and a half just as a lil get away and it is great. The prices staff and comfort. We tried going somewhere diff this weekend(all so I could watch lifetime) and I am so disappointed! La Quinta is officially our home away from home.

• Stayed October 2012
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I checked in and Diane was very polite and courteous. Once I was settled into the room, I noticed that the phone wasn't working and the bathtub fixture was disconnected from the wall. The sheets had what appeared to be a black marker stain on them.
Since it was a double bed I slept in the other bed, no problem.
I sprain my index finger trying to kill a cricket (no fault of the hotel)!
At checkout I told the lady about the phone and the shower, they already knew as I reported it to Diane the night before. I was compensated for the inconvenience. The staff was very polite and professional. Great customer service, more improvement on the rooms.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

The room was clean and comfortable. The shower had a lot of pressure and was very relaxing. Each staff member I encountered greeted me with a smile and a kind word. I have found that this is a typical experience at La Quinta. I have been staying at La Quinta for about six years now. I don't even look at other hotels when I travel. There have been times when I've needed something extra, or something wasn't right. It has always been immediately resolved for me.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

This was my first time at a La Quinta. It was for business and got a corporate rate. The room was big and cozy. Had wireless computer accessibllity. The breakfast was fresh and tasteful. Only thing I missed was not having a small refrigerator to keep cold drinks. I would stay here again if I come to Dallas area again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to Motel 6 Dallas - Garland - Northwest Hwy? Share your experiences!