“Nice hotel;could be cleaner” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Victorian Condo-Hotel Resort & Conference Center

You added The Victorian Condo-Hotel Resort & Conference Center to your Saves list
The Victorian Condo-Hotel Resort & Conference Center
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6300 Seawall Blvd, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77551 (Formerly Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Galveston)   |
Ranked #31 of 49 Hotels in Galveston
Houston
“Nice hotel;could be cleaner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2005

My husband and I stayed at the Victorian the weekend of 9/7/05. The front desk staff was very nice and friendly. The place had a geat view of the gulf. All rooms offer such view. The way the bedroom was angled, we could also see the gulf whlie lying in bed. Both pools looked really nice. Great location. Walmart was in walking distance (right next door). Golden Corral restuarant is also within walking distance. The place was just "surface" clean. I noticed a build up of dirt around the basebaords and along the floors. The bathroom vent was full of dust. The place was ok but could be better with just a little more attention given to the cleaning, especially the balcony area.

• Stayed October 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2005

All suites are different because they are privately owned.
We enjoyed ourselves and had a nice room with a ocean view and a great view of the new pool area.
We would stay again.

• Stayed August 2005
Houston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2005

My husband and I are optimistic people and we always makes the best of any situation. The Victorian was not nearly as nice as I had expected but the view from the inside bldgs that overlook the pool & ocean are very nice. The pools are nice & clean. The rooms were worn and dated. Carpet looked old & dirty. That doesn't necessarily mean it hasn't been cleaned - old carpets look dirty no matter what you do. The linens were clean BUT the blanket was just plain nasty. It grossed me out to have it near me so we used the sheet only. Continental breakfast was okay -- if you are a waffle kind of person. Other than that it is cereal, some fruit, and shrink-wrapped muffins & bagles. The entrances to the rooms are long hallways with a burglar bar over each front entrance. It does add some security as Galveston does have it's problems with crime, prostitutes & drugs -- that comes as no secret to anyone who lives in the greater Houston area so the bars may well be needed. However, the bars do give the place sort of a "hotel in the hood" feel. Once inside the unit you forget about that though. The room is so-so but overall you can make the best of any situation. If you go there expecting 4- or 5-star then you are surely disappointed but if you go expecting a budget hotel on the beach with a decent location along with seawall with great pool areas then you are set for a good time. Although - I think one of the pools was closed but we didn't actually try it so I don't know for sure. Be reasonable in your expectations and just a suggestion (bring your own blanket from home and strip the hotel blanket off the bed upon arrival).

• Stayed August 2005
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2005

Our family booked the Victorian Condo for the Memorial Day weekend. We had requested for a room with bunk beds since we had two children. We did not get that. I called the office and they stated that they were sorry but they were booked for the whole weekend. Let's say we did not have a very good sleep that night since the four of us barely fit the queen size bed offered. The weather did not help at all since it rained all weekend. That was not the hotel's fault. but when it did stop raining, our children enjoyed the kid's pool. That was the highlight of their trip besides the beach. The kitchen was not much to be desired for. The electric burner only went up so high, so it took us forever to cook several bacons. We gave up cooking breakfast and went to the free continental breakfast offered by the hotel. If you get there early about 7:00 or 7:30, you can get what you want. You can make your own waffles. The food was okay. But if you wait until 8 or 8:30, there is no more food left and the line to make the waffles is not worth the wait. The cupboards and cabinets were filthy !! There were no liners on the shelvings of the cupboards. It was nasty!! The untensils was not clean either. I thought at every 3 stars hotels there would be a blow dryer. Boy, was I wrong.... If I knew that there was no blow dryers, I would have packed it myself. My hair was a mess that weekend !! And believe me, I was not happy when I have a bad hair day. Also there was not an iron and iron board in the room. When I called the office, they told me that they had two of them and that I would have to reserve it first. Then after I use it, I would have to give it back to them. I did not know that an iron and a blow dryer is such a LUXURY ITEM. Well, at Victorian Condo, these two items are hard to find !! I did enjoy my view of the pool and the beach from the balcony. Every condo has a balcony and a view of the pool and the beach. The hotel has two very nice pools (not big but nice). The burglar bars in front of each door was a little bit scary. I guessed I felt safer but at the same time there must be a reason why each of the condos have burglar bars in front of it.
Overall, view was nice, service was okay, but room was poor in condition and anemities.

• Stayed May 2005
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2005

I'd definitely stay at the Victorian Condo-Hotel again. The staff were friendly and helpful. Our room was cleaned spotless every day. The sofa was dingy, but I think that's just from many people sitting on it in wet swimsuits over the months (it was clean, just dingy). The contenental breakfast was nice (we could make our own waffles and top with fresh fruit and whipped cream) as long as we got there early. The muffins went really fast! The pools were excellent and cleaned every morning. The view from our room was beautiful. It was close to everything - the beaches, shops and Wal-Mart! The rate they quotes us upon booking was the rate we paid - no hidden charges. Only complaint I could even think to have is that the furniture could have been newer, but it still wasn't bad.

• Stayed July 2005

Been to The Victorian Condo-Hotel Resort & Conference Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Victorian Condo-Hotel Resort & Conference Center

Address: 6300 Seawall Blvd, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77551 (Formerly Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Galveston)
Beach Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#14 On the Beach Hotel in Galveston
Hotel Class:2 star — The Victorian Condo-Hotel Resort & Conference Center 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your The Victorian Condo-Hotel Resort & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
The Victorian Condo-Hotel Resort And Conference Center
Hawthorn Suites Galveston
The Victorian Hotel Galveston
Galveston Hawthorn Suites

If you own or manage The Victorian Condo-Hotel Resort & Conference Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.