You added The Victorian Condo-Hotel Resort & Conference Center to your Saves list
The Victorian Condo-Hotel Resort & Conference Center
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6300 Seawall Blvd, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77551 (Formerly Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Galveston)   |
Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #31 of 49 Hotels in Galveston
Marshall, Texas
“Nice”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

We were looking for a room during the Thanksgiving week-end. The rooms were nicely priced and then I saw The Victorian Condo-Hotel. For nearly the same price, we got a larger place to stay with a nice sized living room, small kitchen, full small bath and a separate bedroom. What a deal. It is right across the street from the beach and has a great balcony view. The ROOMS were nice and we could actually spread out and enjoy ourselves. This also had a set of bunk beds and the couch let into a bed. Our only gripe was the couch needed to be replaced because when you sat down you had to have someone pull you up and the bed squeaked badly every time you moved. You will have to bring your own paper towels, salt, pepper, etc. but it is a great place to stay and I would take this type of room over a hotel room anytime.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in Section 7. Nice view of the beach.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
RhondaH253, Manager at The Victorian Condo-Hotel Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Thank you so much! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay at the Victorian Condo-Hotel. We hope you travel to Galveston again soon and be sure to let us know when you’re coming so we can reserve your favorite room for you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

We rented a condo directly from the owners on vrbo.com (Vacation rentals by owner) and the rate was much cheaper--about half of what others charge. This was a very nice condo. It was totally stocked with plenty of towels, games, movies, beach chairs, comfy beds, and totally gorgeous. The view was wonderful and the location is ideal as it next door to super Wal-Mart. Our friends came at last minute and rented directly from the office, but our condo was much nicer.

Room Tip: Rent directly from owners to get better rates and nicer, more updated condos.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

I stayed in Unit 9330 with my spouse and two kids. We had a great time. The full kitchen made it easy to cook, the view of the beach was amazing, the kids loved the heated pool and hot tubs, and the staff was friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: The front of the buildings poolside have the best views
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
RhondaH253, Manager at The Victorian Condo-Hotel Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

its taking me a while to write this review but I'm still trying to get over the fact that I was there.when I first arrived to our room I was very disappointed. mistake number one. really? $700 for two nights for this? mistake number 2. I wouldn't be looking forward to a hot shower if I was you. I don't think that they know what fabric softener is? I swear I left some of my skin on that towel when I used it to dry off. mistake number 3. for us it was a group stay, when we got there we decided we were going to take the fold out sofa bed. we realize that there weren't any extra sheets for the sofa bed so once we made a call to the front desk they gladly informed us that it would cost us $20 extra to rent sheets from them. but after the sand paper towel treatment we said okay that's fine we will just go to Target and spend $100 on sheets and pillows because that would bring some comfort to that bed. mistake number 4. thought we would be saving money being able to cook in the convenient kitchenette. Not so as the stove did not cooperate. mistake number 5. was deceived by power outlet when I plugged in my phone only to realize that it had died later on that night because it did not work. mistake number 6. didn't spend much time on the balcony with that wonderful 45 degree angle view of the beach that we could not see. did give one of the plastic lawn chairs a shot but it acted like it didn't want me sitting in it because it was so dry rotted. seagull crap everywhere. I'm going to forget about all the mistakes because there's so many to list so I'm not going to number them anymore in this description of stay. hallway smells like garbage. must have some permanent renters there and their trash was there the entire stay. outdated furniture. Old box TV. Cable channels were not very clear.it's like walking into a time warp when you go into the living room with the raggedy old 70's furniture. the bathroom is very cramped space. don't be a tall person and have to use the shower. this place is in dire need of attention and updating. my advice for management is to shut down immediately and revamp the entire system. stop false advertising the few renovated rooms you have for the truth.use some of my 700 dollars that you took from us and higher qualified maintenance people. rename your place the Victorian Con artists because that's about all y'all do for the travelers who look forward to their stay and vacations.  for those of you who gave this place a good rating I'd hate to see where you have stayed in the past. for those of you who are reading this review and are considering a stay here and have yet to make a purchase I advise you to take your credit card and put it back in your wallet and look elsewhere.and by the way when we got there they took a copy of our credit card and if I'm not mistaken that is illegall to do these days. heed my warnings people. I promise you you will not regret it. for those of you who don't heed my warning you will regret it. to sum it all up once we got there we noticed that the number on our rusted door was written in sharpie. if that isn't a clue or a red flag to your pending experience I don't know what else is. I really don't know what else to say about this place other than its crap and I don't recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed July 2013
RhondaH253, Manager at The Victorian Condo-Hotel Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
We strive to give the best service possible and to attend to our guests needs as quickly as possible. We have 330 individually owned condos at the Victorian. Of those, approximately 140 units are part of the Hotel side of the property. Since all of our condos are individually owned and decorated, some have full time owners residing. Some owners also rent out their condos (not thru the hotel) either by the owner or through a third party. If you have rented thru the Hotel, we encourage you to call the Hotel Manager to address your issues further. If you rented a unit from a private owner, please contact that booking agent to discuss your complaints. The Victorian Condo-Hotel Resort and Conference Center is not responsible for the interior upkeep and cleanliness of non-hotel units. For our hotel guests we offer daily towel and trash service, full housekeeping services every third day, a green initiative, and during your stay encourage every hotel guest to let our staff know if there is anything we can do to make your stay more comfortable. We hope you consider staying with us again in the future as a guest of the Hotel so we can prove we are worthy of your business. Let us take care of you on your next visit to Galveston
Huntsville, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

I've stayed here quite a few times and even though the property is old i've enjoyed it,but this time i was there for 2013 bike rally and the first night I noticed the tv in the bed room did not work. The next morning i woke up to find the ceiling fan in the living room about to fall from the ceiling,the bulb was burnt out on the lamp,and the porch light flashed like a strobe light for three nights.I call the front desk and they sent the maintenance man and he removes the fan and didnt fix the tv or the lights
I call the front desk and asked for a reduced room rate and they refused,stating that the problems were resolved
That will be my last stay there

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

We decided to stay at this location during our 3 week stay and did not regret it. The front desk was always very helpful and friendly. The rooms were always kept clean and the cleaning staff were very friendly as well. Walmart was just across the street, as well as Sonic, Pappa Johns & McAlisters, a large deli with a very good menu. The swimming pools and garden growns were kept very clean beautiful.
Since we had to go into Houston city every second day, we were always very happy to return to our little paradise and just watch the ocean from our balcony and let the big city stress roll off our backs. The one hour trip was worth. It every time.
We will definately return!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the ocean. The ones facing the pool are probably noisier in the summer.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I have to start off by saying that I was petrified to book this particular property being that I had read so many negative reviews, however I really enjoyed my stay it was very quiet and the people I met along the way were very nice. I stayed from October 5th through October 12th, the condo was very nice with an angle view of the beach it was actually very peaceful. I will definitely visit this property again, when time permits I booked this property through goverment vacations and I will admit I was thouroughly satisfied with my entire vacation stay, the check in process was very fast and the lady working the evening of Saturday October 5th was very friendly , and courteous she granted my request therefore I have absolutely nothing negative to say about her.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Victorian Condo-Hotel Resort & Conference Center? Share your experiences!