“Beautiful location, best decision ever for this vacation.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Victorian Condo-Hotel Resort & Conference Center

Save Saved
You added The Victorian Condo-Hotel Resort & Conference Center to your Saves list
The Victorian Condo-Hotel Resort & Conference Center
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6300 Seawall Blvd, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77551 (Formerly Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Galveston)   |
Ranked #30 of 49 hotels in Galveston
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“Beautiful location, best decision ever for this vacation.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

We decided to stay at this location during our 3 week stay and did not regret it. The front desk was always very helpful and friendly. The rooms were always kept clean and the cleaning staff were very friendly as well. Walmart was just across the street, as well as Sonic, Pappa Johns & McAlisters, a large deli with a very good menu. The swimming pools and garden growns were kept very clean beautiful.
Since we had to go into Houston city every second day, we were always very happy to return to our little paradise and just watch the ocean from our balcony and let the big city stress roll off our backs. The one hour trip was worth. It every time.
We will definately return!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the ocean. The ones facing the pool are probably noisier in the summer.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
RhondaH253, Manager at The Victorian Condo-Hotel Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Thank you so much! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay at the Victorian Condo-Hotel. We hope you travel to Galveston again soon and be sure to let us know when you’re coming so we can reserve your favorite room for you.

296 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I have to start off by saying that I was petrified to book this particular property being that I had read so many negative reviews, however I really enjoyed my stay it was very quiet and the people I met along the way were very nice. I stayed from October 5th through October 12th, the condo was very nice with an angle view of the beach it was actually very peaceful. I will definitely visit this property again, when time permits I booked this property through goverment vacations and I will admit I was thouroughly satisfied with my entire vacation stay, the check in process was very fast and the lady working the evening of Saturday October 5th was very friendly , and courteous she granted my request therefore I have absolutely nothing negative to say about her.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Katy, Texas, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We had our annual retreat at the Victorian and found it to be great fun. The staff worked with us and all of our needs. They were pleasant and helpful. We are sure to come back. Can not beat being close to everything.... food, shopping and of course the beach. Sunrise and Sunset we had a view from all angles. We could fix our own food or we could go out. Small but very efficient condo. We are planning to be there again.....

Room Tip: Be sure you let the staff know what you like. There are plenty of condos available. We liked being...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Ennis, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

We had the pleasure of staying for a few days here. Close to the beach and minutes away from restaurants and local attractions. After a long day of fun, we relaxed in one of the two pools on site. The staff was friendly, rooms are a bit expensive but its worth it. We would gladly stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013
Cypress, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

My recent stay was in unit 6201 on the second floor Bldg 6 right up front facing the ocean with a good view of the west pool too. Low noise level-only one guest room on one side and the complex was quiet overall. We enjoyed sitting on the private balcony and enjoying the complimentary coffee watching the ocean roll in.
The condo was clean and well stocked with cooking utensils, linens for the pull out sofa, and I was told that if there was anything needed to call the housekeeping dept. and they did bring extra pillows promptly.
The pools were attractive and sparkling and the children loved the "kid" pool with the graduated depth with lots of area to play safely. We adults liked both pools and was told one is heated for winter time guests. The pools and spas are new post hurricane Ike and are lovely.
We were surprised by the nice workout room, tennis courts, and barbecue area that is available to the guests...even a fish cleaning station!
The Victorian is very convenient and easy to find- right off 61st street and Seawall Blvd and is centrally located to visit all the attractions on Galveston as it is about midway on the Island and behind the seawall. It is near the major attractions of Schlitterbahn, the Pleasure Pier and big fishing piers, Moody Gardens, as well as many restaurants- oh, forgot to mention there is a wonderful Bistro in the Victorian that serves a home made dishes and the food we had was very good. They provide room service if you like.
They also have a shuttle and parking if you are going on a cruise. We used this once a year or so ago and were pleased to have our vehicle protected in a gated, guarded and supervised complex with a nightly guard who only lets guests and staff in the parking areas.
The overall feeling we had was it is still the best value on the beach if you are not looking for a 5 star accommodation. There were 6 of us: 3 adults and 3 children and we all had a pleasant, relaxing experience; our needs were met as expected at the Victorian.
I have visited here many times and will continue.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
East Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

The location was close to the restaurants & right across the street frim Sonic & Wal-Mart. But the rooms & service left a lot to be desired. We stayed for a week & were told that our stay would include daily maid service (but only one day that they would change of sheets - standard practice. No problem, right?). The ONLY time a maid came was when the sheets were changed. Then they didn't even change the sheets on my childrens' bunkbeds, they only changed the main bed (which was angled in such a way that only one person could walk by at a time to get to the closet) the safe in the closet was missing the key. We did NOT call about that because there was a sign stating that if the key is missing then we would have to pay a fine. The shower was so short that it only came up to my shoulder (I am 5'7") and the there is NO WAY adults could sleep in the bunkbed comfortably, my 10 & 11 yr old were cramped feeling. Our room did have a (Sideways!!) View of the ocean … a better view of WalMart's parking lot. The ONLY WAY to get a full view of the ocean is from a 2 bdrm room!! My parents and my sister's family stayed in one of those. The view & the room were much nicer, but my Dad's back hurt from the hard bed & my nephews (14 & 17) couldn't stand their bunkbed. In our room, the balcony and living room slanted down and there was not really enough room for the 4 of us in the living room/dining rm section to sit comfortably. When we booked the room we asked for no wicker furniture and were told that they couldn't guarantee what room we would receive as they don't assign rooms until the morning of check-in, on a first come basis. We would not be arriving until LATE but my parents arrived EARLY to make sure we could get rooms near each other. They were told that ALL rooms had only wicker furniture (my hubby is built like a 6'6" football linebacker! And I had expressed this concern to the reservationist before deciding on where we would stay, and was told that would be no problem) When I arrived late that evening I made SURE to check in and give the front desk MY card to pay for the room. It was upon check-in that I was told that there was a large group that would be there on the same side of the facility that our family was going to be there & yet no one had mentioned it during the numerous inquiry calls prior to reserving. It wasnt just a group, it was a LOUD party that met there annually & were granted full use of the pool on our side of the facilities ... if I didn't have young children I probably wouldn't have minded, but I had even made SURE that their pool would be open prior to booking. Well, the party they had was held AT the pool! Complete with drinking, music, and even couple "making out" in the pool. They do have another pool … located quite a ways away on the complete opposite side of the facility, and it was VERY crowded. We went to the beach instead and, thankfully, had fun despite having packed all the pool toys for the trip) Oh...about the maid service... I called the front desk to let them know that ALL our towels were dirty and the maid hadn't been coming. They didn't seem to care, in fact they told me that, if I needed towels that evening, I could "CARRY MY DIRTY TOWELS TO THEIR FACILITY UNDER THE MIDDLE OF THEIR FACILITY AND EXCHANGE THEM FOR CLEAN ONES?!?!) Upon checkout I again brought up how I wanted to make SURE that our stay was on MY debit card. I received a receipt for our stay ~ imagine my horror when my father found out that THEY had still charged HIS card! When he called the place they told him I'd have to call to approve, like I hadn't taken care of the situation! Then when I called they told me that it would take a few days for the matter to be cleared up & that I would have to call their bookkeeper back after the weekend to get it cleared up. They couldn't be sure I would receive a call back! And I was treated like it was MY fault despite having talked to 3 different employees to make sure that situation would not occur. We will NOT be staying there again. And, despite the way this review may sound, my family travels often and are NOT one to post negative reviews once the ituation has been resolved. This place needs new management, new facilities, new attitudes! However, the security guard WAS attentive & friendly.

• Stayed July 2013
Tyler, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

My husband & I were pleasantly surprised by our private balcony & condo. It's very convenient to the beach and has many pluses. We were not expecting the live bands by the pool & cookout so that was a pleasant surprise as well. Everyone was so nice & friendly. Although the furniture was outdated, it was still comfortable and perfect for our get away.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Victorian Condo-Hotel Resort & Conference Center? Share your experiences!