“""""GREAT TIME"""""” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Victorian Condo-Hotel Resort & Conference Center

Save Saved
You added The Victorian Condo-Hotel Resort & Conference Center to your Saves list
The Victorian Condo-Hotel Resort & Conference Center
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6300 Seawall Blvd, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77551 (Formerly Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Galveston)   |
Ranked #30 of 49 hotels in Galveston
garrison, texas
“""""GREAT TIME"""""”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We spent the weekend 06/14 - 06/16 at the Victorian in room 6101. This was our first time to stay there and we will be staying again. Our balcony view was of the seawall and the water. The staff was awesome from check in to check out. Most things were within walking distance of the hotel. The pools were very clean and well kept. We also used the hot tub which was very relaxing. We spent more time at the pool then we did anything else. They also have security at night checking all the cars coming into the complex, which makes you feel safe. We are already planning our next trip. Loved it!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

294 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Delphos, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We spent a week in a TAN one bedroom condo the beginning of May. Pools were delightful, you looked off your balcony and saw the Gulf, cleaning staff did a nice job, beds were comfy but the decor was outdated and the fold out couch was all broken down both open and closed. We will be back again. Seaside Grill is onsite and serves well portioned good tasting food with excellent service.

Room Tip: try to get near an elevator. If driving park your car under your building for best convenience.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We had an amazing weekend!!! Rooms were pretty big and fully stocked with everything we needed!! Balcony was huge!!!! Walmart was right next door in walking distance...and the beach was right across the seawall blvd :0)) my kids had an amazing time...they had 2 pools one was heated which was perfect at night :0)) every one was always friendly and in great mood...why wouldn't you be it's great hotel for great price!! Thos is a great hotel for families on a budget!! The staff was super friendly and our room was cleaned daily!! :0)) loves to see and hear the ocean sounds through the day especially in the morning!! We are already planning our trip back in 2months!! Hope tho review helps because I researched before going too!!

• Stayed May 2013
Mount Enterprise, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Our first time to stay here and loved it....The condo is very welcome tooken care of...Loved the bedroom to itself for my husband and I....privacy....Loved the kitchen with everything at ur hands...with all dishes you need and pans to cook with...I so loved the balcony...Getting up every morning with coffee and breakfast to look at the ocean was so relaxing...The heated pool became our nightly routine..Being right across the ocean , just walk across the highway and u there...I felt so safe here also...Very well secured...Evening and night guard on duty coming and going out one gate...This place is the perfect place to stay for families...or like us couples....I highly recommmend this place of your choice on the sea wall...Very afforable too...Nobody can beat their prices at all that u get....

Room Tip: Higher floors are the must here....If you can't get very front view ask for middle view...Its th...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Grand Chenier, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

As a birthday present my fiancé planned a trip to Galveston and chose the Victorian Condos as the place to stay. I was a little sketchy at first after reading some of the negative reviews; however, we soon realized it was actually a really great place. It has some of the aspects of an older place but is kept up nicely. The staff is great and very helpful! We stayed in room 5105 which had a nice view of one of the pools and the gulf but was also far enough away from the busy highway so the traffic didn't keep us up.

• Stayed May 2013
Garland, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I stayed at the Victorian from May 13-May 17 in Condo 7206. I don't know what to praise first - so I'll start with the ease of check-in. I showed up right after noon and a room was not yet available. I returned around 2pm and was checked in, with an upgrade, by a kind and courteous desk clerk. Condo 7206 is beautifully decorated and was immaculately clean, supplied with everything I needed for my visit. It has a wonderful view over the heated pool to the Gulf and a balcony that is shaded both morning and afternoon. It was the perfect spot for me to recover after having cared for an ill husband for over three months. Housekeeping respected my request for privacy, but were ready and willing to provide anything I needed. Security and grounds people were visible at all times. I felt absolutely safe both day and night. I enjoyed the heated pool, the easy access to both the Gulf and to Walmart for necessities. I first stayed at the Victorian in the 80's, shortly after it was built, and loved it then, but had not been back for a number of years. It is better than ever. I especially loved the tile floor in the unit - I didn't have to worry when I dripped on my way from the water to the balcony. Condo 7205 has a queen bed in the bedroom, a day bed in the hall alcove, and a queen sleeper sofa in the living room, so it would easily accomodate a family of 5. The kitchen has a coffee maker, two burner range, microwave, undercounter fridge, and dishwasher, and plenty of dishes, flatware, and pots and pans. By the end of my five day stay, I was rested and ready to return to my real life.

Room Tip: Buildings 5 and 7 are located toward the back of the property, facing the gulf. The balconies are s...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Humble, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Had a blast!! Big rooms love nthe bunkbed idea sofa couch isnt that great but it works great for kids. pools are nice will come back again!! we stayed the weekend on Oct. 20th 2012 in room 3120. Real close to the beach. Feels at home and comfrtable.Home away from home.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Victorian Condo-Hotel Resort & Conference Center? Share your experiences!