I have fond memories of coming here as a child but the years have not been good to this hotel. Four adults and a toddler stayed in 5308 from 1/9/13 - 1/11/13 so the weekday rates made it appealing as well as having a kitchen to store some drinks/snacks. I'll begin with the few redeeming qualities: the view from this room is sort of overlooking the mushroom pool you can see on their website. Also, the hotel is directly across the street from the sea wall although it's quite a long walk to any of the main attractions such as Pleasure Pier and good restaurants. Now my list of disappointments: the front desk called to check in and see if everything was ok but they do this 5 min after you enter the room. We really hadn't had time to review anything much less get all our bags in (tip: go directly to the room and make sure you have adequate bedding/pillows/towels since the later it is, you may be required to go to the front desk yourself and get anything you are missing). So we said everything seemed fine. Later, we realized we had 1 pillow, excluding what was in the bedroom) so we requested two others but were brought 1 and told we should have one in the hall closet. We did but that was for the person sleeping in the hallway daybed. So I guess the people sleeping in the fold out sofa have to share a pillow. The linen is wrapped in plastic wrap but not labeled so not only do you have to guess what's in there but so does the front desk staff. The sofa bed had crumbs when we pulled it out, the bathroom shampoo was half full, the Kleenex ran out after 1 night (this was restocked with maid service the next day) and the items we put in the fridge froze into ice (strawberries, cheese stick, milk, eggs). If you want affordable but not very pleasant or accommodating then this is a good option. Otherwise, keep shopping!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your The Victorian Condo-Hotel Resort & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Victorian Condo-Hotel Resort And Conference Center
- Hawthorn Suites Galveston
- The Victorian Hotel Galveston
- Galveston Hawthorn Suites