This was a last minute trip over Labor Day weekend. We rented directly from the owner and got a better deal. The room was clean and comfortable but nothing fancy. Our particular room had updated floors, counters, and TV. We were on the outside of the building so the view wasn't great but we could still see the gulf. Each room is different so make sure you see pictures of the room you are renting.
Some of the guests were a little on the rough side and we could smell aromatic smoke coming from a room near the elevator. At the pool, we ran into some rather drunk and loud guests. Their is a separate kiddie pool which didn't seem to have the drinking.
The location was good with beach access directly across the street (there are few places on the beach). The Victorian is close to downtown and all of the activities on the seawall. Issac had just passed so the water was rough and dirty.
Wal-Mart is right there so we bought some food and cooked a little in the room (mostly breakfast) so that saved our $$ for eating out later.
Overall, this was okay but don't expect anything fancy.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your The Victorian Condo-Hotel Resort & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Victorian Condo-Hotel Resort And Conference Center
- Hawthorn Suites Galveston
- The Victorian Hotel Galveston
- Galveston Hawthorn Suites