“Awsum family vacation!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Victorian Condo-Hotel Resort & Conference Center

You added The Victorian Condo-Hotel Resort & Conference Center to your Saves list
The Victorian Condo-Hotel Resort & Conference Center
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6300 Seawall Blvd, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77551 (Formerly Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Galveston)   |
Ranked #30 of 49 Hotels in Galveston
Eunice, Louisiana, United States
“Awsum family vacation!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Great place to stay! will definately stay again! My family of 4 had a 1 bedroom condo & it was perfect. Clean & plenty of room. would recommend staying here if visiting Galveston! we will be back next summer only to stay at The Victorian again!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Wylie, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We were very disappointed with our stay in this condo. The room was very old, ugly and outdated. The carpet looks like it hasn't been changed from the 70's. Same with the wallpaper. The bed was horrible and uncomfortable, the couch bed was awful and we were unable sleep on it. We don't get to take vacations but every 3 or 4 years and we saved for a while to be able to take this one. I feel for the money we spent ($435.00 for 2 nights), we should have had at least a bed that was decent. Needless to say, we will NEVER go back to the Victorian. Their website is very deceiving with its pictures of beautiful rooms. Also, the girls at the front desk are very rude and not very helpful. When we checked out I feel like someone should have asked if we enjoyed our stay or "We hope you enjoyed your stay". Not good customer service.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

This place was HORRIBLE! I have never been to a condo this bad! We booked our reservations three months ago and we called a hour before going to make sure it was going to be ready since we had to wait until 4. As soon as we got there at 4:03 they gave our room away!!!!! So we had to wait almost an hour for another room. We went to our room and everything was dirty they came and got the dirty towels from the last guest out of our room as we went inside! Disgusting!!!!!! The fan was broken the lamps didn't have bulbs in them there was molding missing from the walls.... I felt like we were staying in a government funded homeless shelter!!!! We paid 700 dollars for two nights! The profit that is being made on this place is going into someones pocket because I cant believe for that much money that's what we got! So then there was bed time! We pulled out the couch bed and the springs were gone my husband almost fell through the bed to the floor! We called the front desk and when they came the guy had zip ties and electric wire and rigged the bed back as soon as my father in law (170 lbs) sat on it the zip ties broke! So then there was our bed:/ I pulled back the covers and I found a dead flea type looking bug! This place was all together rotten I can not believe they're doors are still open!!! My husband asked how they are still in business my reply was because they take advantage of vacationers who don't know any better and they make you pay for the rooms when you book them. MY ADVICE IS STAY AWAY FROM HERE unless your a bunch of teenagers looking for a party place! If you have a family like us RUN RUN RUN shame on these people for having their doors open!

Room Tip: DONT JUST STAY FAR AWAY! It is over priced and not up to standards for any family who had standards
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Rhonda H, Front Office Manager at The Victorian Condo-Hotel Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your stay with us. Our desire is that all of our guests have the most pleasant visit possible. To ensure this, we have top-notch housekeeping and maintenance staffs, and our lobby is manned 24 hours a day, seven days a week. If we don't get something right the first time, we work at it until we do.

We have about 160 condos in our rental pool at any given time and ten different unit types. Our check-in policy is "any time after 4:00 p.m." When guests start arriving at 4 o'clock, we register them on a first-come, first-serve basis. If the guest's unit type is not ready, we must ask that he/she wait until the correct unit type is available. We never check in a guest until the unit has been thoroughly cleaned and inspected. The inspection includes not only making sure that the unit is clean but ensuring that everything--lights, TV's, refrigerator, etc.--is in proper working order.

Our property prides itself in having many return guests on an annual basis. People love our comfortable rooms, wide range of amenities, and our proximity to the beach.
Stonewall, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Stayed there with our grandson. We were warned in advance from other travelers to pay close attention to the room you are renting as to the furnishing. Many (if not all) of the rooms are owner furnished and it is up to the direction of the owner as to the luxury or sparity of the furnishings. Our beds were comfortable and the mattress in the bunk bed was newer. Room was very basic but we quickly found that even though they had a "furnished" kitchen they did not have enough cooking utensils to actually prepare a meal.Overall the stay was nice as it is right across from the beach, the pools are fun the children and the price was right.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for information and pictures of the furnishings. Brings your own cooking utensils...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Rhonda H, General Manager at The Victorian Condo-Hotel Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our property. Your comments go a long way in helping us to please our guests. We look forward to your next visit. Thank you for staying with us.
Shreveport, Louisiana, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I have stayed at the Victorian previously on 2 school trips, the last one was in 2007 and was very pleased with the Hotel. When we stayed there this past weekend, I could barely believe the difference. The room was dirty, stunk, and I was afraid to sit on anything except the chairs on the balcony because they were white and I could see if any bugs were on them. The lop sided, scratched up dresser was sticky on the top and one of the drawers had a broken out bottom. I cut the burners in the kitchen on to see if they worked and 1 of them immediately started smoking. We pulled out the sofa bed and when my daughter sat on the edge, she fell to the floor because it did not have all the springs to hold it together. We went to buy paper plates and cups because we were afraid to use the ones there. When I called to ask if there was another room available I was told there was not one, although we saw rooms with locks on the entrance doors and my daughter was able to pull up available rooms on her computer. I was afraid to go barefoot and did not take my suitcase off the kitchen table because I did not want to get it around any bed bugs or lice. When I checked out I was not asked anything about my stay. I will say the air conditioner and refrig worked well. I have read other reviews and note that many people are pleased so I can only think that for some reason we were put in one of the lesser rooms. We were in the next to the last room on the third floor on the Wal Mart side. We received no towels or service even though there was information that the towels were changed daily for those not staying a full week.

Room Tip: Don't let them stick you in the back of the property.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Rhonda H, Guest Relations Manager at The Victorian Condo-Hotel Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Please contact us so that we may discuss your stay with us.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

Very disappointed. The room was very dusty and carpet stained. The handle to the glass door came off in my hand. Ok. I can deal with that and dust but the bed was the worse. The sheets had big stains and rips. The pillows so bad had to go to walmart for new ones. The commode lid did not fit and when you flushed water went every where. Pots bent up and no frying pans. Carpet tore at thresh hold and big gash in the walls. Old tvs with a big line that ran through people's faces. The worst part is when I went up to the desk to check out and showed photos no I'm sorry, or kiss my behind. Just an ewwww from front staff. Really? Take your time and look else where I tried to load pics but couldn't get app to work.

• Stayed July 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

This place is run down and filthy!!! Needs to be torn down and start over!!! When we arrived a guest was in the lobby with a child showing a bite on the child's hand that was according to the family inflicted by a rat that got in the bed! Our room smelled terrible, had roaches, and was filthy. Ruined our entire experience!!! RUN!!!!

• Stayed July 2012
We will always listen and address every comment or concern of our guests while they are here on property. We receive countless comments on our staff and property. We like to contact our guests after their arrival to check on their unit and offer our services if needed. We offer several price options based on unit location and furnishings. We ask all of our guests to let us know if we can do anything to make their stay more enjoyable. At check in all guests are presented with information on our property and the services we provide. The services we provide vary based on their package requested paid for.

May we ask that you please let us know your name, unit number and date of stay so that we may research and contact you personally.

We are very disappointed that you had a bad experience with us and would like an opportunity to address these comments with you.

Been to The Victorian Condo-Hotel Resort & Conference Center? Share your experiences!