“Not all rooms are furnished the same” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Victorian Condo-Hotel Resort & Conference Center

You added The Victorian Condo-Hotel Resort & Conference Center to your Saves list
The Victorian Condo-Hotel Resort & Conference Center
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6300 Seawall Blvd, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77551 (Formerly Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Galveston)   |
Ranked #31 of 49 Hotels in Galveston
Stonewall, Texas
“Not all rooms are furnished the same”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Stayed there with our grandson. We were warned in advance from other travelers to pay close attention to the room you are renting as to the furnishing. Many (if not all) of the rooms are owner furnished and it is up to the direction of the owner as to the luxury or sparity of the furnishings. Our beds were comfortable and the mattress in the bunk bed was newer. Room was very basic but we quickly found that even though they had a "furnished" kitchen they did not have enough cooking utensils to actually prepare a meal.Overall the stay was nice as it is right across from the beach, the pools are fun the children and the price was right.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for information and pictures of the furnishings. Brings your own cooking utensils...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Rhonda H, General Manager at The Victorian Condo-Hotel Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our property. Your comments go a long way in helping us to please our guests. We look forward to your next visit. Thank you for staying with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Shreveport, Louisiana, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I have stayed at the Victorian previously on 2 school trips, the last one was in 2007 and was very pleased with the Hotel. When we stayed there this past weekend, I could barely believe the difference. The room was dirty, stunk, and I was afraid to sit on anything except the chairs on the balcony because they were white and I could see if any bugs were on them. The lop sided, scratched up dresser was sticky on the top and one of the drawers had a broken out bottom. I cut the burners in the kitchen on to see if they worked and 1 of them immediately started smoking. We pulled out the sofa bed and when my daughter sat on the edge, she fell to the floor because it did not have all the springs to hold it together. We went to buy paper plates and cups because we were afraid to use the ones there. When I called to ask if there was another room available I was told there was not one, although we saw rooms with locks on the entrance doors and my daughter was able to pull up available rooms on her computer. I was afraid to go barefoot and did not take my suitcase off the kitchen table because I did not want to get it around any bed bugs or lice. When I checked out I was not asked anything about my stay. I will say the air conditioner and refrig worked well. I have read other reviews and note that many people are pleased so I can only think that for some reason we were put in one of the lesser rooms. We were in the next to the last room on the third floor on the Wal Mart side. We received no towels or service even though there was information that the towels were changed daily for those not staying a full week.

Room Tip: Don't let them stick you in the back of the property.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Rhonda H, Guest Relations Manager at The Victorian Condo-Hotel Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Please contact us so that we may discuss your stay with us.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Very disappointed. The room was very dusty and carpet stained. The handle to the glass door came off in my hand. Ok. I can deal with that and dust but the bed was the worse. The sheets had big stains and rips. The pillows so bad had to go to walmart for new ones. The commode lid did not fit and when you flushed water went every where. Pots bent up and no frying pans. Carpet tore at thresh hold and big gash in the walls. Old tvs with a big line that ran through people's faces. The worst part is when I went up to the desk to check out and showed photos no I'm sorry, or kiss my behind. Just an ewwww from front staff. Really? Take your time and look else where I tried to load pics but couldn't get app to work.

• Stayed July 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

This place is run down and filthy!!! Needs to be torn down and start over!!! When we arrived a guest was in the lobby with a child showing a bite on the child's hand that was according to the family inflicted by a rat that got in the bed! Our room smelled terrible, had roaches, and was filthy. Ruined our entire experience!!! RUN!!!!

• Stayed July 2012
We will always listen and address every comment or concern of our guests while they are here on property. We receive countless comments on our staff and property. We like to contact our guests after their arrival to check on their unit and offer our services if needed. We offer several price options based on unit location and furnishings. We ask all of our guests to let us know if we can do anything to make their stay more enjoyable. At check in all guests are presented with information on our property and the services we provide. The services we provide vary based on their package requested paid for.

May we ask that you please let us know your name, unit number and date of stay so that we may research and contact you personally.

We are very disappointed that you had a bad experience with us and would like an opportunity to address these comments with you.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

The Victorian Condo Hotel was wonderful. We stayed there from July 6-9 & had a great time. A friend of our let us use her condo & had a fun enjoyable extended weekend. The staff was very helpful & seemed to care about the guests. For example, on our last day as we started to load up to go home, we noticed we had a flat on our car. One of the maintenance guys, Kelly, saw me & offered me his air compressor to fill my tire up, so I could get to the Wal-mart to get the tire fixed. That wasn’t in his job description & he could have not gotten involved, but he was helpful &, to me, that means a lot! The pools were nice & well maintained & the hot tubs were awesome! The location was good & the view of the Gulf was nice, (but I guess that depends on if your room has a Gulf view). All in all we had an enjoyable experience there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Rhonda H, Manager at The Victorian Condo-Hotel Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write about your visit with us. We receive countless positive comments about our property and staff. I shared your comments with Kelly and he thanks you very much.

We look forward to your next visit. Please check your mail box.

David LaPorte
Resort Manager
Tyler, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I reserved two of their two bedroom rooms for a bachelorette party weekend for girls. I get down their early to ensure that everything was taken care of, we walk into the first room a and it looked like someone or something had thrown up all over the kitchen and the dishwasher was filled with this brown water...the entire room smelled awful. The management tried to say they could fix this, however we decided to switch rooms. The next room we switch to, we find out the air conditioner does not work and with 8 girls in this room that was not acceptable. The 3rd room we got to we try to get in and all our keys don't work. Once we finally get in the refridgerator wasn't working. The next morning however maintenance put in a new fridge....I will say the only reason I did not rate this at terrible was that the hotel staff was extremely kind and helped us in any way they could....however this condo is just not well kept and I met several unhappy customers.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

This hotel had a couple of major glitches, however, out of the 15 years I've stayed here this is the first time I've encountered anything negative. It is absolutely one of my favorite places to stay on the island. I have no idea why my bed wasn't made up upon arrival, or why when I called and they said they'd take care of it and left for hours, I came back to the room in the same condition. I can say, however, that they were perfectly professional and courteous when brought back to their attention and someone showed up immediately to take care of the situation. The pool is wonderful, the rooms are usually clean and the staff is always accomodating. It's also in a convenient location directly across from the beach and near restaurants.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Victorian Condo-Hotel Resort & Conference Center? Share your experiences!