The San Luis is a hotel with a lot of potential. Wonderful bell boys/ valet. Loved the front desk people. However, the pool was just a hot mess. The waitresses seemed to intentionally NOT want to make eye contact or take drink/ food orders. They all seemed young, and not properly trained. It was almost comical, yet not.
We waited a half hour to get someone to bring us a menu.... Then they had attitude like we were bothering them.
Also noted many others "trying" to get their attention.
Then to our dismay, we started people watching. Drunk, inappropriate behavior from adults in the pool/ mixed with families with little kids. Water quality, hazy at best.
Steakhouse was excellent, as was the piano bar.
Rooms were clean.
Will probably try one of the other resorts next time especially if I happen to bring my children.
- Also Known As:
- The San Luis Hotel Galveston
- San Luis Hotel
- The San Luis Hotel
- San Luis Resort Galveston Texas
- San Luis Hotel Galveston
- San Louis Hotel Galveston
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The San Luis Resort, Spa & Conference Center is one of the Gulf Coast’s finest beachfront properties offering a variety of luxury options. From Spa San Luis and the heated pool to its 40,000 sq. ft. IACC conference center and magnificent gulf views, it’s an ideal destination vacationers, business travel and corporate meetings. The AAA Four Diamond rated resort hotel offers the finest in award-winning dining, overnight accommodations and first-class personalized and professional service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Otel, Olotels, getaroom.com and Tingo so you can book your The San Luis Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.