They have a beautiful resort building. The pool is great, with a view overlooking the beach. The balcony is very nice. I think that every room has a balcony. The pool staff is all over you just like on a cruise ship, so if you like to drink, they will make sure you are never without one. Drinks are expensive, as you would expect.
But, the management is horrible to work with. They agreed on one price, as we were walk-ins, but when our bill appeared under the door, it was a totally different higher price. It took threats of calling our credit card company to put a hold on the bill to get them to make it right, which they finally did. It took hours to get them to make it right.
When we checked in, they said that they had roll away beds, but when they brought it to our room the first night, they brought a blow up mattress, which leaked out the air overnight. The next day, after promising to bring the roll away bed, they then said that they had none. We would not even have checked in if we had known that. For $200 a night, we do not expect an air mattress. Every time we called about this issue, they were rude. They lied.
When we checked in, the bath tub had not been cleaned. It was full of sand and hair. When we moved the chair in the room, there were gum wrappers under it. They room was not cleaned well. We would see Kleenex's and dirty dishes from room service sitting in the hall for multiple days. Come on now. You get the drift. We generally stay in Marriott's, and they have a standard. If you decide to stay in this resort, be ready to pay, and ready to argue. You are on your own. Again, they have a beautiful facility, and if someone like Marriott ran it, I would say go for it. It is the nicest place on the beach. But from there on, it was nothing but trouble to us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The San Luis Resort, Spa & Conference Center is one of the Gulf Coast's finest beachfront properties offering a variety of luxury options. From Spa San Luis and the heated pool to its 40,000 sq. Ft. IACC conference center and magnificent gulf views, it's an ideal destination for vacationers, business travel and corporate meetings. Our AAA Four Diamond rated resort offers the finest in award-winning dining, overnight accommodations and first-class personalized and professional service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your The San Luis Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The San Luis Hotel Galveston
- San Luis Resort Galveston Texas
- San Luis Hotel Galveston
- San Louis Hotel Galveston