On the way from Alabama we read some of the reviews from people that are currently staying at the San Luis and got scared. Almost backed out of our stay here but really glad we gave it a chance first because those people obviously had a laundry list of unrealistic expectations or either isolated incidents which are to be expected in any place you stay. Our check in was a breeze and the staff have been extremely polite and helpful. We have a room on the 15th floor and it did not disappoint.
So far we are having a great honeymoon here at the San Luis. It is within walking distance to a lot of nice restaurants and attractions. We love the view of the beach from our bed. The pool area is very nice and inviting even if the lounge chairs are a bit close to each other. Also to be expected at such a highly booked conference and hotel. We checked out the gym and spa which were also very appealing and in a convenient area.
We love that the pool stays open til 2am since we are young and night owls. The staff are always nearby to answer whatever questions you may have effectively. We were a little shocked at the price to rent a cabana for the day but I suppose it's not so bad if you are with a group instead of just 2 people like us. We really had no need for one anyways. We can't sit still that long with all the things there are to do around here.
To top or off, the beds are like sleeping on a cloud. Lol. Especially nice after a 12 hour drive. Also as a tv junkie myself, I was so glad to see that they have nice sized flatscreen tv's with some of my favorite channels for when I'm laying down to fall asleep.
We've already discussed returning with our son since there are tons of things here that a kid would love to do.
The hotel is priced accordingly for the location, views and amenities. Maybe we wouldn't have such an expensive room on our next stay but this VIP room was a gift for our wedding on the 29th of June. They did a great job choosing the San Luis and we can already see ourselves making the 12 hour drive several times in the future years to stay here on family vacations.
If you read bad reviews on this place, I'd suggest you at least come in and check out your room before you judge it. Remember that some people are really negative and hard to please. Again we are glad that we gave it a fair shot because we would've really missed out on a great place and great memories.
Thank you San Luis for making our honeymoon an excellent memory to recall for the rest of our lives. :)
-Cody, the groom, age 20 & Amanda, the bride, age 27.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The San Luis Resort, Spa & Conference Center is one of the Gulf Coast's finest beachfront properties offering a variety of luxury options. From Spa San Luis and the heated pool to its 40,000 sq. Ft. IACC conference center and magnificent gulf views, it's an ideal destination for vacationers, business travel and corporate meetings. Our AAA Four Diamond rated resort offers the finest in award-winning dining, overnight accommodations and first-class personalized and professional service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your The San Luis Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The San Luis Hotel Galveston
- San Luis Resort Galveston Texas
- San Luis Hotel Galveston
- San Louis Hotel Galveston