First, the rooms (we had two) were very nice with plenty of room, however, there is no refrigerator available, so you cannot keep beverages or left overs in your room. We had high rooms overlooking the pool and bar area. While some have complained about bar noise at night, even though we were there on a Friday night, we did not notice that as much as the noise of the patrons returning to their rooms :-)
The restaurant and bar staff were all great and the restaurant in the hotel was fabulous, but quite overpriced. That said, the front desk staff could use some work. Although very polite, they truly don't care how your stay went, as long as you pay the bill.
Parking can be difficult unless you want to pay valet fees. Otherwise, it is around back and across the street, which is unfair to those with handicap placards (such as us - there was a member in our group who cannot walk very far; age 82). They should make an effort to assist handicap placard vehicles with free valet, or better suited parking.
The work out facilities were all "out of service". When I asked at the spa about the facilities, the first asked me what room I was in (does that matter?) and then told me that someone had been working on them. OK, off to the front desk. Yes, maam, what room are you in? OK, getting the picture now..the people who upgrade to the fancy floor get "priority use" of the facilities, which apparently means no one else gets to use them. They politely tell me I can go to their sister property, the Holiday Inn. Which has a work out room that is 10x10, non air-conditioned and had at the time, one operable bike...I was looking for a functioning treadmill.
In any case the front desk politely told me that they appreciated my concern. I'm not sure what I expected, but that wasn't it.
SanLuis is a beautiful property in a good location, but I'm not sure it is worth what I paid, and certainly not worthy what they charge in High season.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The San Luis Resort, Spa & Conference Center is one of the Gulf Coast's finest beachfront properties offering a variety of luxury options. From Spa San Luis and the heated pool to its 40,000 sq. Ft. IACC conference center and magnificent gulf views, it's an ideal destination for vacationers, business travel and corporate meetings. Our AAA Four Diamond rated resort offers the finest in award-winning dining, overnight accommodations and first-class personalized and professional service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Booking.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your The San Luis Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The San Luis Hotel Galveston
- San Luis Resort Galveston Texas
- San Luis Hotel Galveston
- San Louis Hotel Galveston