We stayed from March 21st until March 23rd on the adults only 10th floor in a Club Ten room to celebrate my birthday.
The good: The decor is modern and fashionable. The complimentary valet service and daily breakfast were both excellent, the food is really good and the room service staff is attentive. Maintenance were quick to respond to our complaints. The pool stays open until 2 am. It's a very nice pool with a swim up bar.
The bad: The Club Ten room is advertised as having a personal escort to your room. There was no such escort and it took us a few minutes to make the key card work so that we could select the 10th floor in the elevator. When we arrived in the room, there was champagne - but it was room temperature, not chilled. The A/C, The iPod docking station and the lighted vanity mirror were not working. Some of the fixtures in the bathroom were loose. When I went down to the pool the next day, I put my bag on a large lounge bed. A staff person came up to me and asked me if I had reserved the bed. I told him no and he informed me that it cost $100 to reserve the bed for the day. Note: There were no reserved signs on any of the beds. To avoid embarrassing a guest, I think the hotel should put the reserved signs on ALL of the beds, to be removed by the person who reserved it.
The really bad: Doors being slammed from 2 am to about 4 am by other guests. It made getting a restful nights sleep impossible. So much for a "relaxing" weekend. I was exhausted by the time we checked out. It would appear that The San Luis Resort wants Club Ten to mirror some of the better boutique hotel rooms, like Hotel ZaZa - but it misses the mark.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The San Luis Resort, Spa & Conference Center is one of the Gulf Coast's finest beachfront properties offering a variety of luxury options. From Spa San Luis and the heated pool to its 40,000 sq. Ft. IACC conference center and magnificent gulf views, it's an ideal destination for vacationers, business travel and corporate meetings. Our AAA Four Diamond rated resort offers the finest in award-winning dining, overnight accommodations and first-class personalized and professional service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, Travelocity, Otel and Venere so you can book your The San Luis Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The San Luis Hotel Galveston
- San Luis Resort Galveston Texas
- San Luis Hotel Galveston
- San Louis Hotel Galveston