My wife and I hard the opportunity to spend last weekend again at The San Luis Resort. This place is absolutely our favorite place to stay in Galveston and honestly one of our favorites anywhere. The resort isn't only beautiful and miraculously maintained but in my opinion it has a great staff. If you have read any of my reviews you know that "service" is my main consideration in both hotels and restaurants.
We have gone enough to be graciously upgraded to their VIP status and upon arrival the front of house Director Quinn Bussey saw us as soon as we walked through the door, he greeted us by name with a great handshake and a smile. He already had our keys to our room in his hands! Now that's what I call service! We briefly shared pleasantries and even though we hadn't been to the San Luis since last May he still remembered so much about us that he surely made us feel special. He briefly introduced us to his desk staff (some of which we knew from last time) and ask what we needed to make our stay a wonderful experience. I had actually forgotten to make dinner reservations and he quickly made a call and BAM we had a spot at the steak house on the property. The long time hotel concierge Tommy came over and said hello and even gave my wife a big hug. Tommy is a well polished gentleman that knows Galveston like the back of his hand...even though we didn't use his services on this visit he certainly was there willing to help with our desires
We made our way up to our room..we were pleasantly surprised on how beautiful the room looked...they have been undergoing a face lift on the property and I must say I certainly approved. Gone was the light carpeting, "seascape" prints on the walls and the antiquated bed coverings and window appointments. They now have a widely striped carpet with matching upholstery in deep rich browns and Earth tones. The old paintings were replaced by lovely contemporary pieces done in the same colors as the accessories in the room. The bathroom had a nice double sink with a vanity. The old tub and shower curtains were replaced by a deep whirlpool tub and glass door...all very nice.
Later that night we had a great dinner at The Steak House inside the resort (see my separate review) then a little dancing to the Jazz singer in the lounge. We strolled out to H2O by the pool and it had a nice vibe going on with a very modern music playing in the background. Even though it was fairly cold outside there were plenty of fire pits and propane heaters to keep the guests warm...they even were giving out blankets if you wanted one.
The next day we asked Quinn if he could procure us one of the special reserved outdoor beds by the pool. He called Simon Randolph (who is charge of that sort of thing) and 5 minutes later we received a call that we were set up.
Once down to the beautiful heated pool we were immediately greeted by our waitress to take our order. Both Quinn and Simon came by a couple of times to check on us and see if all of our needs were met... needless to say they certainly were, We stayed there most of the afternoon and into the early evening. Its truly an outstanding pool and set up that they have...we didn't want to leave.
We slept in a little late the next morning and checked out online...it was a breeze. We made sure to make a quick run down to the lobby to say our goodbyes and thank yous to all the wonderful San Luis staff. Thanks again guys for a great weekend.
- Also Known As:
- The San Luis Hotel Galveston
- San Luis Hotel
- The San Luis Hotel
- San Luis Resort Galveston Texas
- San Luis Hotel Galveston
- San Louis Hotel Galveston
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The San Luis Resort, Spa & Conference Center is one of the Gulf Coast’s finest beachfront properties offering a variety of luxury options. From Spa San Luis and the heated pool to its 40,000 sq. ft. IACC conference center and magnificent gulf views, it’s an ideal destination vacationers, business travel and corporate meetings. The AAA Four Diamond rated resort hotel offers the finest in award-winning dining, overnight accommodations and first-class personalized and professional service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, Otel, Priceline, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your The San Luis Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.