My family (wife + 3 kids) and I decided to go all out for a brief trip to Galveston and we selected the San Luis for its inviting and kid-friendly pool as well as the proximity to the beach. We were pleasantly surprised at the size of the room and our 14th floor view. The beds were mediocre in comfort and the bathroom was exceptionally small. However, the room itself was more spacious than I expected. Our rate as $268/night and didn't include a refrigerator, but we brought a cooler to store drinks. The staff were all very friendly and helpful, so that was a big plus coming from a luxury resort. The pool with slide were great and my kids loved it. Beware adults: the slide gave us hip bruises since the heavier weight pulls you down faster and against the wall harder. It was fun anyway. Better close-by food options would have helped make it easier for us since we didn't eat at the ultra-expensive on-resort restaurants. The IHOP next door was always crowded and not an option with a 1.5 yr old who wants to eat NOW! It seemed that the music was playing constantly at all hours of the day/night and at a volume that's not really kid-friendly. We could hear it well from our 14th floor balcony. It looked like they were trying to attract a younger, single crowd with the H2O bar at the pool, which was connected to the main pool. The clientele was definitely more families than singles from what we saw. I would recommend this resort for families with older children, couples-only or singles who are ready to shell out big bucks for a hotel. All in all, we had a good time at the San Luis and would give it a good rating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The San Luis Resort, Spa & Conference Center is one of the Gulf Coast's finest beachfront properties offering a variety of luxury options. From Spa San Luis and the heated pool to its 40,000 sq. Ft. IACC conference center and magnificent gulf views, it's an ideal destination for vacationers, business travel and corporate meetings. Our AAA Four Diamond rated resort offers the finest in award-winning dining, overnight accommodations and first-class personalized and professional service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Otel, Venere and Priceline so you can book your The San Luis Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The San Luis Hotel Galveston
- San Luis Resort Galveston Texas
- San Luis Hotel Galveston
- San Louis Hotel Galveston