Came down to the Island and stayed again at The San Luis. As usual as soon as we arrived my wife and I were greeted by Quinn, the Guest Services Director and his top of the line valet staff. They helped us with our luggage and to the reception desk where a nice young man that I remember from last year waited on us...his name was "Dav" I believe. Tommy the head Concierge made his way over to greet us and say that we have been missed since our last stay. Its nice the way the staff at such a busy resort always remembers us by name. As my wife and Tommy chatted about the iPad she had just gotten me. Dav checked me in with a smile and we were off to the well appointed room. I do love the face lift the resort has gotten and it seems that its now completed.
The hotel was filled this weekend but it was not a problem at all we, actually enjoyed the live bands by the pool and all the other special things that were planned. It was crowded down by the pool and H2O but not over crowded. We asked Simon (one of the managers, I think they are actually referred to as Directors) about a cabana and he immediately got one prepped for us and by the time we got back downstairs with our swim suits it was stocked and ready to go, complete with an ice chest, bottled water, fresh fruit, clean towels, it was a lil cold Saturday so he added some nice blankets...nice touch Sir. The pool was clean and the staff was courteous and speedy with our orders.
Later that night we had in room dining service and the food was served warm and fast. They forgot one item we had ordered but had it up to us within 5 minutes.
We have stayed at The san Luis many times and we have yet to have had a bad time or poor service...thats what always keeps us going back to this great resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The San Luis Resort, Spa & Conference Center is one of the Gulf Coast's finest beachfront properties offering a variety of luxury options. From Spa San Luis and the heated pool to its 40,000 sq. Ft. IACC conference center and magnificent gulf views, it's an ideal destination for vacationers, business travel and corporate meetings. Our AAA Four Diamond rated resort offers the finest in award-winning dining, overnight accommodations and first-class personalized and professional service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The San Luis Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The San Luis Hotel Galveston
- San Luis Resort Galveston Texas
- San Luis Hotel Galveston
- San Louis Hotel Galveston