“Great View Great Staff Great Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn Galveston East Beach

Save Saved
You added La Quinta Inn Galveston East Beach to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn Galveston East Beach
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1402 Seawall Blvd, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77550-8199   |
Ranked #20 of 49 hotels in Galveston
Austin
“Great View Great Staff Great Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed over the weekend for a friend's wedding and had an excellent visit. Check in was a breeze. I requested to be near friends and even though the hotel was sold out, they were able to get me right next door to them. My room had a view of the seawall and Galveston Beach. Beautiful view. The room overlooked the pool and beach. My room was clean and neatly appointed. The in room coffee was so great that I requested more and Sharon from the front desk was kind enough to bring it up for me. I have only been to Galveston a couple times so I had lots of direction questions for the desk and every time I needed help, Sharon was there to assist me. She helped me locate the wedding reception venue, helped me with maps of the area, and was able to give me directions to a pedicure place nearby. Thanks and I will absolutely be back.

Room Tip: My third floor room with two beds faced the beach. Great view. Walking distance to lots of fun stu...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

320 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Cambridge, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I just wanted to write since we had read a couple of bad reviews re dirty rooms, urine smell and cockroaches. We were a bit apprehensive checking in, but were very pleasantly surprised. Clean rooms, friendly service, good breakfast. I would say it was great for what it is, a clean and convenient motel in Galveston. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Great price and location. I'm glade I chose to send less on the hotel and have more money for fun. Older hotel but nice and clean, good breakfast, nice staff. We had a great time in in Galveston. It was nice to have a hotel so close to everything.

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We stayed in the Full bed suite with the gulf view, which also had 2 sofas that pulled out into beds. Large and open with mini kitchen, mini fridge, microwave, quiet, next to Denny's restaurant, great staff, free breakfast and wifi, great location! I'm not sure how quiet the rooms are in the outside rooms, but ours was located inside and we very much enjoyed it. We went after Spring Break so it wouldn't be loud or crowded. Room was clean and comfortable. Plan on staying again soon (in the same room) for my girls birthday trip.

Houston, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Josette Kuykendall:

In response to your e-mail inquiring about our recent stay at La Quinta: We stayed from Friday 3/22/2013 to 3/24/2013. Upon arrival to our room (311), we noticed a dog/cigarette smell. After febreezing the room it was somewhat better and it was late so we decided to bathe the children. We found the bathroom to be dirty with hair and mildew in the tub and hair on the toliet seat. We cleaned and sanitized the bathroom and sink, and bathed the children and to our dismay, when we went to take them out the tub would not drain. I poured a coke down it to see if it would drain, but it did not help. The toilet would only flush when you hold down the lever all the way. Every one else needed a bath, it was late and we were disgusted in our choice of hotels at this point. The night clerk, Steve came and pulled enough hair out of the drain to cover a small dog. We re-cleanedand re-sanitized everything so everybody could shower.The next morning we reported everything to mgmt. The base of the toilet had several layers of filthe and hair on it as well as the base of the walls and inside the bathroom door. We were told the room would be cleaned and that they were going to discount the bill. We just wanted to enjoy our trip to Galveston to celebrate our daughter's birthday. The room was still not cleaned properly, they did discount our bill, but our trip was continually interrupted because we were cleaning the room we paid for to be clean. Am I suppose to be happy because you discounted our bill? I have one word for you NASTY!

Room Tip: Don't stay here unless you have nothing else to do but clean your room you paid them for.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Bridgeport, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We booked the parlor suite. Which is two full beds and a king bed. I thought it was a good deal.
Once you arrive, you will notice that the parking lot is super crowded and tight. With a full size truck, it's a difficult task to park. The room smelled like stale urine. There was a red leather love seat that was torn and covered with duct tape.
The room was very outdated. The shower head needs to be replaced. The mattresses appear old and worn. Yes I checked the mattress for bed bugs. None were found. The breakfast is subpar.
Honestly the smell of urine was the worst issue for me. Who wants to smell urine all night? I will never book there again. The owner needs to do some major updating.

• Stayed March 2013

Been to La Quinta Inn Galveston East Beach? Share your experiences!