I'm frugal when booking a hotel room (as my other reviews also denote). My fixed income from my retirement pension is meager at best. A spur of the moment decision on February 16 saw me giving Priceline a bid to find us a super hotel for the night at a ridiculously low price. Holiday Inn on the Beach Galveston took our offer. This hotel is incredibly well maintained, with beautiful views of the Gulf of Mexico, and a super friendly staff. Since we had our 3 year old grandson staying the night with us, the front desk clerk assured me we would have a fantastic room. The balcony, though small, was perfect for the 3 of us to sit and gaze upon the beautiful hotel pool area (too bad it was too cold for a swim) and the waves hitting the beach and jetty just a stone's throw away. Beds had very high end bedding which was so comfortable. The restaurant had very good food, and all of my grandson's meals were free. I can't praise the front desk staff, restaurant personnel, and housekeeping enough. Even a nice maintenance worker asked if I needed assistance when he saw he struggling with my suitcase. Location is prime property!!! We definitely want to come again to this hotel when it's summer and we can swim in their sparkling pool with the neatest cabana for sipping drinks. However, I doubt I can get it as cheap again.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Galveston-On The Beach Hotel
- Holiday Inn Resort Galveston-On The Beach Hotel Galveston
- Holiday Inn Galveston
- Galveston Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn on the Beach features 8 stories of Gulfview rooms on beautiful Galveston Island. We are located at the premier San Luis Resort in the heart of the Texas Gulf Coast! Most of our 178 rooms have private balconies that overlook the Gulf or our sparkling outdoor pool. The Jetty Restaurant located in our lobby area provides breakfast, lunch, and dinner, as well as, room service. The famous B Jiggers Lounge is also located in our lobby offering live entertainment on the weekends and Happy Hour specials. Our hotel is centrally located to many Galveston attractions. Bring your sun block for your trip to the beach or Schlitterbahn Water Park. Go for a wild ride on the Rainforest CafÃ© and Adventure Ride, or if shopping is more your style spend the day at the Historical Strand Shopping District. Stay before a cruise on Royal Caribbean or Carnival Cruise Lines, and park your car with us, we provide transportation to and from the cruise terminals. Whether you want to take a historic home tour at Bishop s Palace, Moody Mansion or Ashton Villa or catch a play at The Grand 1894 Opera House we are the place to stay. The Galveston Island Convention Center is only blocks away, as well as prominent universities, UTMB and Texas A & M University. Upcoming Special Events: Lone Star Motorcycle Rally, and Mardi Gras. Now come Explore Galveston! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Galveston-On The Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.