I stayed with my family in one of the upper level "executive view" rooms. The bedding and towels looked very new. The rest of the room was below par. There were so many small things that could be repaired to make it much more enjoyable. The bathroom fixtures were falling off. The bathroom had no exhaust fan!!. In a sub-tropic environment, that should be essential.
The staff was friendly and responsive. A major plus that helped overlook the smaller details.
Oh, and they do not seem to enforce the No Smoking policy. We could smell smoke in our room from a previous occupant.
The location is good, across from the beach. Unfortunately, the City of Galveston doesn't put crosswalks other than at intersections. This makes it a rather long walk to get across the street. Especially with kids and all their gear.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Galveston-On The Beach Hotel
- Holiday Inn Resort Galveston-On The Beach Hotel Galveston
- Holiday Inn Galveston
- Galveston Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn on the Beach features 8 stories of Gulfview rooms on beautiful Galveston Island. We are located at the premier San Luis Resort in the heart of the Texas Gulf Coast! Most of our 178 rooms have private balconies that overlook the Gulf or our sparkling outdoor pool. The Jetty Restaurant located in our lobby area provides breakfast, lunch, and dinner, as well as, room service. The famous B Jiggers Lounge is also located in our lobby offering live entertainment on the weekends and Happy Hour specials. Our hotel is centrally located to many Galveston attractions. Bring your sun block for your trip to the beach or Schlitterbahn Water Park. Go for a wild ride on the Rainforest CafÃ© and Adventure Ride, or if shopping is more your style spend the day at the Historical Strand Shopping District. Stay before a cruise on Royal Caribbean or Carnival Cruise Lines, and park your car with us, we provide transportation to and from the cruise terminals. Whether you want to take a historic home tour at Bishop s Palace, Moody Mansion or Ashton Villa or catch a play at The Grand 1894 Opera House we are the place to stay. The Galveston Island Convention Center is only blocks away, as well as prominent universities, UTMB and Texas A & M University. Upcoming Special Events: Lone Star Motorcycle Rally, and Mardi Gras. Now come Explore Galveston! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Olotels, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Galveston-On The Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.