I stayed here probably May 30 & 31st (+/- a week) of 2010. I had exactly the same intolerable experience as the 1 star reviewers from Dec. 18 and Nov. 18 2012.
I am sad to read that they are still this rude, inconsiderate and contemptible.
There is a nightclub attached to the hotel. They play music with the bass turned up so high, that it thumps in your room until at least 2 AM. When I complained to the desk they said, "We're a resort. We have to have a dance with loud music" and acted like it was my fault for staying there. I somehow should have known, because they are a "resort".
They claimed they would talk to the DJ, but the only result of that was that when the DJ left at 2AM, he apparently left the sound system turned up to full on automatic, because at 4AM loud thumping music was still being broadcast throughout the hotel at just as high a volume. When I complained at 4 AM, the desk clerk finally went into the (now empty) night club and turned down the music.
This "resort" has no respect for their guests. Our compensation for a sleepless, wasted night of valuable vacation time? Free breakfast. Yay.
In 2010 the best thing about the place was that they had a ping pong table in the recreation area. Now it's folded up and hidden in the utility room.
The last two summers we've had a very nice stay just down the seawall at the hotel that whose name sounds like a very good cowboy movie. They aren't perfect, but you get a good night's sleep there, without the idiocy of people who think that loud booming in your room all night is something you should expect at a "resort".
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Galveston-On The Beach Hotel
- Holiday Inn Resort Galveston-On The Beach Hotel Galveston
- Holiday Inn Galveston
- Galveston Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn on the Beach features 8 stories of Gulfview rooms on beautiful Galveston Island. We are located at the premier San Luis Resort in the heart of the Texas Gulf Coast! Most of our 178 rooms have private balconies that overlook the Gulf or our sparkling outdoor pool. The Jetty Restaurant located in our lobby area provides breakfast, lunch, and dinner, as well as, room service. The famous B Jiggers Lounge is also located in our lobby offering live entertainment on the weekends and Happy Hour specials. Our hotel is centrally located to many Galveston attractions. Bring your sun block for your trip to the beach or Schlitterbahn Water Park. Go for a wild ride on the Rainforest CafÃ© and Adventure Ride, or if shopping is more your style spend the day at the Historical Strand Shopping District. Stay before a cruise on Royal Caribbean or Carnival Cruise Lines, and park your car with us, we provide transportation to and from the cruise terminals. Whether you want to take a historic home tour at Bishop s Palace, Moody Mansion or Ashton Villa or catch a play at The Grand 1894 Opera House we are the place to stay. The Galveston Island Convention Center is only blocks away, as well as prominent universities, UTMB and Texas A & M University. Upcoming Special Events: Lone Star Motorcycle Rally, and Mardi Gras. Now come Explore Galveston! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Priceline, getaroom.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Galveston-On The Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.