We had stayed here once before on the night before the cruise and then switched to the nearby Hilton for our next two cruises. When we stayed here again, we remembered why we had switched. The room is updated, but has a window unit a/c which is loud to start with and then clunks on and off all night. If you choose fan only, the room becomes clammy due to the humidity. Also, the coffee maker did not work, but there is always coffee out in the lobby.
However, if the Hilton was not available, we would stay here again, due to the services provided to people taking a cruise.
The hotel lets you keep your car in their lot for the duration of your cruise and they also provide transportation to and from the cruise ship. This is a great service - when we arrived back in Galveston from our seven day cruise, the hotel van was waiting right in front of the door and we were back at our car within 20 minutes. All of the staff, both in the hotel and the shuttle drivers, were just excellent.
We had a room far away from the pool and bar, so that was not a problem. We enjoyed having a cocktail in their bar after dinner, although the bartenders are rathered scattered in their service.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Galveston-On The Beach Hotel
- Holiday Inn Resort Galveston-On The Beach Hotel Galveston
- Holiday Inn Galveston
- Galveston Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn on the Beach features 8 stories of Gulfview rooms on beautiful Galveston Island. We are located at the premier San Luis Resort in the heart of the Texas Gulf Coast! Most of our 178 rooms have private balconies that overlook the Gulf or our sparkling outdoor pool. The Jetty Restaurant located in our lobby area provides breakfast, lunch, and dinner, as well as, room service. The famous B Jiggers Lounge is also located in our lobby offering live entertainment on the weekends and Happy Hour specials. Our hotel is centrally located to many Galveston attractions. Bring your sun block for your trip to the beach or Schlitterbahn Water Park. Go for a wild ride on the Rainforest CafÃ© and Adventure Ride, or if shopping is more your style spend the day at the Historical Strand Shopping District. Stay before a cruise on Royal Caribbean or Carnival Cruise Lines, and park your car with us, we provide transportation to and from the cruise terminals. Whether you want to take a historic home tour at Bishop s Palace, Moody Mansion or Ashton Villa or catch a play at The Grand 1894 Opera House we are the place to stay. The Galveston Island Convention Center is only blocks away, as well as prominent universities, UTMB and Texas A & M University. Upcoming Special Events: Lone Star Motorcycle Rally, and Mardi Gras. Now come Explore Galveston! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Galveston-On The Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.