We stayed here for 4 days last week. We bought a house in Galveston and were doing some work, so we needed a place to stay for at reasonable price. The rooms were spacious and comfortable. All rooms have a balcony which we enjoyed at night when we got back to the hotel. Rooms had a fridge and microwave and a very nice large flatscreen tv. The pool was nice and clean, though we didn't have the opportunity to enjoy it. :( The only negative would be the sugar ants that invaded the bathroom every evening. We had the housekeeping staff spray something, but they still came back....every day. Overall, beds were nice and comfy, location was awesome, and staff was very friendly. Would stay there again.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Galveston-On The Beach Hotel Galveston
- Holiday Inn Resort Galveston-On The Beach Hotel
- Holiday Inn Galveston
- Galveston Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn on the Beach features 8 stories of Gulfview rooms on beautiful Galveston Island. We are located at the premier San Luis Resort in the heart of the Texas Gulf Coast! Most of our 178 rooms have private balconies that overlook the Gulf or our sparkling outdoor pool. The Jetty Restaurant located in our lobby area provides breakfast, lunch, and dinner, as well as, room service. The famous B Jiggers Lounge is also located in our lobby offering live entertainment on the weekends and Happy Hour specials. Our hotel is centrally located to many Galveston attractions. Bring your sun block for your trip to the beach or Schlitterbahn Water Park. Go for a wild ride on the Rainforest CafÃ© and Adventure Ride, or if shopping is more your style spend the day at the Historical Strand Shopping District. Stay before a cruise on Royal Caribbean or Carnival Cruise Lines, and park your car with us, we provide transportation to and from the cruise terminals. Whether you want to take a historic home tour at Bishop s Palace, Moody Mansion or Ashton Villa or catch a play at The Grand 1894 Opera House we are the place to stay. The Galveston Island Convention Center is only blocks away, as well as prominent universities, UTMB and Texas A & M University. Upcoming Special Events: Lone Star Motorcycle Rally, and Mardi Gras. Now come Explore Galveston! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere and Priceline so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Galveston-On The Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.