“Very beautiful room” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Resort Galveston-On The Beach

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Resort Galveston-On The Beach to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Resort Galveston-On The Beach
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5002 Seawall Blvd, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77551   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn a Free Night!
Ranked #19 of 49 hotels in Galveston
Sulphur Springs, Texas
“Very beautiful room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Loved the room,each one has a balcony overlooking the pool and the beach. Desk clerks were very helpful. Drawbacks were the children screaming in the pool till 11 at night, & the Grackals(black birds) chirping all night. The birds were to no fault of the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Michelle F, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Galveston-On The Beach, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review Holiday Inn Resort on the Beach. We appreciate your feedback and will share it with our entire team. We look forward to your return in the near future, and please feel free to contact me directly to assist in making your reservations. Thank you!

383 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Houston, Tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

My family and I decided to have a midweek mini-getaway. As an airline employee, we travel over the world and stayed at many 5 star hotels. This place is a hidden treasure. The location is perfect, the beds are comfortable and the staff is AMAZING. I was having a medical proceedure the morning before arrival and spoke with Andrea, very patiently listened to my dilema, advised me to call back and ask for Manager the next day. Michelle was very understanding when I call and did not ask unnecessary questions. The check in with Mike was exceptional and we felt welcomed! This will be our first choice everytime we visit Galveston. The pool area is very clean and the parking area well lighted.

Room Tip: All rooms face the Gulf! Room 514 is great.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Wichita, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Stayed here one night before leaving for a cruise and it worked just fine for that. We traveled with our kids (7 and 10 yrs) and they loved the pool and the easy access to the beach. The room had been updated but you can tell it is an older building. Overall the room was clean and the beds comfortable which is the most important aspect for a room.

The room had a nice size balcony with two chairs looking out over the pool and views of the ocean. We were on the fourth floor and had no noise issues (other than the cackling birds but that stopped by night time).

The staff was friendly and we were able to take a shuttle bus to the port for free as well as a return shuttle for free after the cruise. They also offered free parking while on the cruise and this was a huge plus as well. We got a great deal on lastminutetravel.com for $121 for a Saturday night, taxes included. Would stay here again if traveling to Galveston.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

We stayed here Oct 5 - 8, 2012. I travel extensively for business and have stayed at many different brand hotels. This place has surpassed all other hotels I have stayed. Every single employee was friendly and professional. Excellent, excellent service. Very clean and well maintained. Will recommend to anyone and we will be staying there again on our next trip to Galveston! BTW, I rarely write reviews but felt compelled to write this one. Linda Poullard

Room Tip: All rooms have a great ocean view but I would stay away from the rooms that look out directly over t...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Cypress, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed for 2 nights (Oct, 2-Oct. 4) at this property. We have stayed here many times before, but have not been there since before Hurricane Ike. I had read some reviews both pro and con about the renovations, etc. but decided to go ahead and stay there again. I made the reservations on line and got the slightly cheaper rate for paying ahead of time. When we arrived we were immediately welcomed by the front desk clerk. I do not know his name but he was very friendly and helpful. He said we were upgraded to the 7th floor with a beautiful gulf view. When we got to the room we saw that the young man was correct- the view was stunning. The room had been beautifully renovated. The colors were rust and brown. There were even three artificial potted plants. I've stayed in a lot of moderately priced hotels and I don't remember many having plants. I was impressed. They are a little pricier than most of the hotel rooms Galveston has to offer, but as the saying goes - you get what you paid for. I haven't even mentioned the bed. We had a king executive suite and the bed and pillows were so comfy. They had both soft and firm pillows and you could call for more or different ones if you didn't like those. We did not have to make such a call. If I had to complain about one thing it would be the squeaky door going onto the balcony. I should have called the front desk but it was rather loud and annoying. I would definitely stay there again and would tell friends and family about this hotel and their comfy beds.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I recently stayed at this property on my way to a cruise to Cozumel. I'm a morning person and love my coffee as I rise....the only sweetner provided was in a pink package. The "coffee", was actually coffee flavored water....this is a major no, no with me. While our room faced the gulf, our view included all of the mechanics of the hotel it appeared....for $148+ a night; please at least provide a "good" cup of coffee with "real" sugar (which is my choice)....I'm sure I would not visit this property again.

Room Tip: No "real" coffee on property
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Galveston-On The Beach, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Dear granny55_12,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn around. We appreciate your nice comment regarding the room with a view.

However, It sounds like we fell below your expectations especially on the coffee that was provided. We will address these. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

We wanted to take a quick trip for my "fix" to the ocean. They upgraded us to the top (eighth) floor and the view was great. Hotel was very clean, everyone was very nice except for the night clerk, (dark hair glasses) she was very rude, no eye contact ect..My Husband's brother arrived late and I was embarrased by the way she treated him because we had told him it was very nice there. If you are below the fourth floor there is no view at all. He was on the 2nd floor and moved, there were a pile of filthy chairs stacked right outside his patio.The night clerk treated him like he was bothering her magazine reading, funny how one person can ruin a review. Other than this "evil" girl we had no complaints. We will go back there for sure.Clean, clean, clean!!!!!, Eat at the "SPOT" it has a great view and a fun atmosphere. The beer is ice cold there and the service is great. Landry's has gone downhill, it used to have great food but it was terrible,the Strand is still 50% closed so don't waste your time there, Moody Gardens is awesome, loved it....If it wasn't for the clerk that needs to be fired I would give this place the highest rating....she was there the 25th. 26th and 27th in the evening...

Room Tip: Always book a room above the 4th floor, our room was 816 and it was in the middle on the top, very n...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your response of Holiday Inn Resort on the Beach. We appreciate your feedback and will use it to guide us as we move forward. Please know that we take your report seriously and will be speaking with the night clerk you mentioned to ensure that she is consitently providding top of the line service. We look forward to having you return in the near future! Thank you!

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Galveston-On The Beach? Share your experiences!