“Excellent Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Resort Galveston-On The Beach

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Resort Galveston-On The Beach to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Resort Galveston-On The Beach
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5002 Seawall Blvd, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77551   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #18 of 49 hotels in Galveston
Galveston Island
“Excellent Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Great hotel! Clean, beach views, great location. I have never been in a hotel where every person steps aside and greets you, morning, noon, and night. The food in the restaurant was excellent. Best club sandwich I have ever had. The front desk seems like they care about their jobs. Good happy hour prices in the bar too. Only place I will stay in Galveston.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

433 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

We stay here every year and as always, this property never disappoints! We have also stayed at the Holiday Inn Sunspree, which we love also, but the prices were a bit steep this year. This property is always clean!! Nicely updated rooms and a tropical pool with beach view! This property is in a great location too!! I love the poolside rooms when our children were younger, so we did not have to go up and down the elevator a hundred times a day!!! Now, we stay on floor 4 or higher for a nice beach view. The food here is not too bad for a hotel either, we enjoyed the buffet breakfast. This property is sure to please a family, couple, or group!

Room Tip: Floors four or higher for a great view!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Michelle F, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Galveston-On The Beach, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review Holiday Inn Resort on the Beach. We appreciate all feedback, and look forward to assisting you again in the near future. Please feel free to contact me to set up your next reservation. Thank you again!
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

This hotel is an over-priced re-furbished motel 6. The rooms are small, the staff un trained and the amenities non- exsistant. I paid for two nights but the staff would not clean the room or give me towels because they kept ionsisting I was checking out! The rooms were higher priced than their sister property in Miami and I did not have to walk down to the light and across the busy highway to get to the beach.The staff did not know that they served pizas. There is only one computer for guest use. The web site incorrectly stated "free breakfast". The dining room is too small for the number of guests and the hostess leaves every one standing in the isles as opposed to taking names and letting guests know when their table is ready. I received a free upgrade which meant I got a room with plastic plants. The balcony area was filthy.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Galveston-On The Beach, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Dear Theressa C,

We appreciate your feedback regarding our property. I am disappointed that you did not enjoy your overall stay with us. We pride ourselves in our excellent customer service and ensure our facilities are well maintained. We try our hardest to maintain not just good value, but comfortable, clean, superior and friendly accommodations while we strive to provide rates that are competitive in the area. I am sorry you received service and qualities that was less than satisfactory. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations. Your review will be used to consider needed improvements and I hope that you can give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Lera M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Fort Worth, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

The view was great, room was very nice, and the housekeeping and maintenance staff was very nice. However the management staff is demeaning and a very unhelpful. A week after our stay I checked my credit card statement and Holiday Inn had charged me double for my room. I contacted Holiday Inn at the Beach and they told me that the amount they charged to my credit card was correct because I stayed in 2 rooms. I explained to them that I had only made the reservation for one room, only checked-in to one room, and only stayed in one room. I told them I could send them a copy of the reservation and the check out receipt. The management staff gave me the run around and pretty much told me that I was lying, they said the only thing they could do was transfer me to a voicemail where I could leave a message. I repeatedly ask to speak with someone that could help me resolve this issue instead of leaving a voicemail, they refused. I will never stay at another Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 8th floor for the best view
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Galveston-On The Beach, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Thank you so much for your review of Holiday Inn Resort on the Beach. I would be happy to speak with you about the billing discrepancy you encountered during your stay. Please feel free to email me at mfichera@ldry.com with a contact phone number and the best time to reach you, and I will be happy to get this resolved. Thank you.
McKinney, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We were on the 7th floor and loved the wonderful views and comfy beds. Traveled there with my two kids and we loved the hotel, the arcade is a little small, but the kids still enjoyed it. Very friendly staff and welcoming foyer area. I highly recommend this hotel and we have no complaints.

Room Tip: Request higher floor for view.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review Holiday Inn Resort on the Beach. We appreciate your kind words and look forward to your return in the near future. Please feel free to reach out to me directly when you are ready to book your next reservation.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

Great location since its located right across the street from the beach. Had a very nice room located on the 6th floor. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Kids loved the pool area and would stay there again.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012 via mobile

My two children and I just stayed here and had a great time. Loved the pool and the swim up bar where I got kids ciegin daiquiris for $4. Pool staff was excellent. One night we ordered room service because I was sick and I ordered the kids dessert. Room service offered to bring up dessert 30 minutes after dinner so it wouldn't melt. There was a free balloon artist one day at the pool. The bed and pillows were nice and comfy. Highly recommend. My only complaint was there were smoking rooms on the same floor but I only smelled that when I was at the end of the hall getting ice. Didn't waft into our room at all. Just a small complaint really but figured I'd bring it up.

• Stayed June 2012

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Galveston-On The Beach? Share your experiences!