“Great Customer Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Resort Galveston-On The Beach

You added Holiday Inn Resort Galveston-On The Beach to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Resort Galveston-On The Beach
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5002 Seawall Blvd, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77551   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #17 of 49 Hotels in Galveston
Houston, TX
“Great Customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

We stayed a couple of nights during Spring Break. This is my new favorite hotel in Galveston mainly b/c the staff.. Everyone from the Front Desk, Housekeeping, groundskeepers, always had a smile on their face. They always made eye contact and ask "how are you doing". They had a good kids program The Kids Activity Director was a really nice woman. We talked to her a bit while our kids played and made some crafts in the kids room. She seemed to really love her job and seemed passionate about making it a good program.

The rooms were very clean. I checked for bed bugs and none in our room. We ate at the hotel restaurant one night and though the food was reasonably priced and tasted pretty good. The hotel is directly across the seawall. There is no crosswalk directly in front of the hotel, but there is one on the other side of the San Louis hotel (not too far).

We'll definitely be back later in the summer.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Shawnee, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

We checked in at 3:50pm and they did not have the room type we had reserved. We had reserved two queen beds but was instead given one king bed and offered a blow up mattress.

I was surprised that the hotel did not have a secure entrance. The room doors are outside entrance on the back side of the building.

Our room was on the 4th floor and overlooked the roof including all the vents and units of the restaurant below. It was really not that pretty.

Even though the hotel is directly across the street from the beach. There is not a crosswalk there so you have to walk to the corner before you can safely cross.

Parking was horrible. There was not adequate parking for all the guests.

I think the price is too high considering outside entrance and no continental breakfast.

All of the staff were exceptionally friendly. The room was very nice and clean.

Room Tip: At least 4th floor for a view of the beach and preferably over the pool.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Michelle F, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Galveston-On The Beach, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review Holiday Inn Resort on the Beach. We appreciate all feedback and definitely use it to improve our service. I do apologize that you did not receive the room type you reserved, and hope that you will not let that deter you from returning. Please feel free to contact me directly before your next visit.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

We actually reserved our room using Priceline, and obtained a non-smoking room. When we went to check in, they did not have a non-smoking room available, so I said we could come back in a few hours if that would give them time to give us this type of room. They said yes, so we returned later to discover that they still did not have a non-smoking room. We said we would just wait in the lobby until one could be ready for us. After about another 30 minutes, they provided the room, and it was on a higher floor than we had expected (thus giving us a balcony and a view of the ocean!) and they also gave us vouchers for free breakfast in the hotel restaurant the next morning, to compensate us for having to wait so long for the non-smoking room we had originally reserved. The hotel was clean and quiet, the beds were comfortable, and they even had a free shuttle to the port!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

I don't know if this review can serve as a review that would be comprehensive of all the hotel has to offer or not. However, I can only write about my experience there. It was awful.

First, let's get real. This is a Holiday Inn and they charged me $224 for my room. Yes, it had view of the gulf. Big whoop. I would have traded a quieter room ANYDAY...because I had a night from hell.
The people next to me in room 610 were SO LOUD all night long that I NEVER fell asleep. If I wanted to stay awake all night.... I could have just kept traveling and never spent the money on a room.
They screamed, shouted, banged on the walls, slammed the doors so hard over and over and over again. In fact, they slammed it so hard that the picture and mirrors on the wall would bounce nearly off of the wall.
I called the front desk at 3 am finally to complain. They said they'd send security. I don't know if security ever did anything, because it never got quiet. I finally just got up at 5 and showered and got dressed and went to IHOP. It was a nightmare. Noone should have to spend that kind of money on a room for that kind of experience. It was horrible.
I know to some degree you take that kind of chance when you stay at a hotel-but, it's wrong.
I told the front desk about it again when I checked out and all the guy said was sorry and never looked up at me and I wasn't even being mean about it. I only got angrier after I left because of their "I don't care attitude".
Horrible service and too expensive for that kind of experience for sure!

By the way, they had free Wi-Fi, but it never would work.

Room Tip: Insist on a QUIET room or on the least booked floor if you intend to actually sleep.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write your reveiw of Holiday Inn Resort on the Beach. I am very sorry to hear about your unpleasant night, and can assure you that this is not the experience that we wanted you to leave with. I will ensure that we address all of the issues you mentioned, and hope that on your next trip to Galveston you will allow us to provide you with the experience you deserve.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

There was bed bugs on the bed and they sucked blood from my back. I reporte the problem to Ms Rhonda Mack (Front Office Manager), who said I would be contacted by the hotel manager, Mr Steve Kalbaugh after they conducted an inspection. I put the smashed bed bug in a styrofoam cup and handed it to Ms Rhonda Mack. I never got a single phone call from anyone, much less the hotel management !!

Room Tip: Stay there at your own risk!!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Michelle F, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Galveston-On The Beach, responded to this review, March 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. I apologize for the issues you encountered. I can assure you that we take all reports of bugs in the rooms very seriously, and had our extermination company come out and treat that room immediately. I apologize that no one contacted you, and would be more than happy to speak with you about your past stay. Please feel free to call me at 409-740-5303 or you may email me at mfichera@ldry.com. I look forward to speaking with you.

Michelle Fichera
Revenue Manager
Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

You can tell by the first step in the hotel that Service is number one. You can also tell that the owners of this hotel pays attention to detail. I will stay there next time in town. Pay extra for a room on a higher floor, it's worth it.

Room Tip: Pay extra for a room on the top floor.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. We appreciate all comments that we receive, and look forward to hosting you again in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012 via mobile

We loved the hotel, it was nicely updated, clean with a fridge and microwave, plus great sit on balcony. It was our anniversary so the desk clerk told us if we signed up for their priority club he could give us a room upgrade at the price of the standard room. He put us in room 701, great room. He scratched out and replaced the price of the room at the lower rate and had me initial the check in receipt, but at check out they tried to charge us the higher rate. Then the desk clerk got the manager and she came out with receipt I had initialed and basically said we changed the amount, that it didn't look like the guy that checked us in handwritting. Please tell me how I could have changed something that was in their possesion not mine. She said we will honor it but will be calling him to check if he did this. That ruined our day and pissed me off. So make sure at your initial check in to get a copy of the reciept with the agreed room rate and have the desk clerk sign and initial all changes he makes. She basically called us liars and they were the ones that had the initial check in paper with the room rate scratched out by their desk clerk, I wasn't given a copy but I will get one from now on. Plus watching my checking account right now because the final receipt and my account charged are not the same, waiting for final to see if changes or there will be another argument. Otherwise the hotel was great, at least rm 701 was.

• Stayed March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate all comments and feedback from our guests. It is great to hear that you loved the room, and the service. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if there is a billing discrepancy and I will resolve it immediately for you.

Michelle Fichera
Revenue Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Galveston-On The Beach? Share your experiences!