“Decent place to stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Beachcomber Inn

You added Beachcomber Inn to your Saves list
Beachcomber Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2825 61st Street, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77551   |
Ranked #36 of 49 Hotels in Galveston
Delta
“Decent place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We stay the night before our Carnival cruise. It was a great little place for the money. We wanted to spend our money on the cruise not a hotel room for 1 night. This is a clean place. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The made some great suggestions. There was enough restaurants in walking distance. There is a liquor store and grocery store too. I would definitely stay there again! If you are like us and don't need anything too fancy then stay here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Peoria, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

After reading alot of negative reviews about the Beachcomber Inn after I booked the room for
November 10th the night before my cruise I was worried. However I was pleasantly surprised.
The room was clean and I did not see one roach. It was a block away from the beach and
right next to several restaurant. If you are taking a cruise they let you keep your car there
for the week free of charge and will call a cab for you to take you to the ship. I did not use
this service but it's nice to know you can do this.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Lacy-Lakeview, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We stayed the weekend there the rooms were clean ,the staff was very helpful and friendly. I would recommend a stay there Its just 1 block from seawall. Went to the desk and Asked for more towels The front desk guy Jeff got them without asking a question .asked about things to do he was very helpful The young guy in the morning was kind of short but overall was an excellent stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

There is nothing wrong with this motel! Currently sat in it at the minute. My room is clean and way better then what I was expecting after reading some of the reviews on here. Literally about 100 meters from the beach and everything you need is within walking distance. Nearby attractions take maybe a 5/10min drive. Very convenient and I would definitely stay here again. I think some people seem to be expecting 5* luxury for budget money!

Room Tip: 2nd floor facing waffle house seems quieter
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

The room had 2 dbl beds, microwave, and refidgerator. It was clean and the continental breakfast was a continental breakfast. I stayed in APR2012 and it was quite enjoyable. Please do not mistake this for a resort or full service hotel. Good place to sleep and shower.

Room Tip: 2 blocks from the beach. Several fast food restaurants and a grocery store next door.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Arlington, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Just don't stay here. I was at the Beachcomber Inn last weekend with my girlfriend. We checked in got our room key. Once entering the room I noticed two bugs in the bathroom, then I found a roach crawling up the wall. The lights were on - so clearly there is an issue.

After reporting this to the front desk - they attempted to shaft us into another room. We did not take it. We went to another motel only to find that the Beachcomber Inn had placed a hold on money in our bank account. Not only that - they had taken so much money - that it overdrafted just to cover.

When asked why we were charged close to 500.00 when we didn't even stay there more than 20 minutes - there was no clear answer. When asked to aid in fixing the issue - Chris, "the manager" who is casually as a "clerk" from his upper management, did little. I can't help but think, gee - if we didn't have another account we would have had to spend the night with the roaches. I can only guess as to how many others been put in that situation.

In short - check the rates and stay elsewhere. If you have pets - look for Candlewood Inn & Suites. They accept pets and don't have roaches.

Room Tip: Roaches are still free!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Arlington, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We checked into room 222 with our two small dogs (both under 5 lbs). This was one reason we selected the Beachcomber Inn for our vacation. This was a special occasion for my Fiance's Birthday, but the Beachcomber sure made it one for the record books. Just not in a good way. After discovering bugs, they said they might be able to switch rooms? Uh...no. You have cockroaches crawling up the walls and little black bugs all in the bathroom, but you might isn't appropriate! So the only other avail room was 124 (almost directly below the bug infested room we just left), it only had two full beds and would not accomodate our needs. We graciously just said we'll check out, couldn't have slept thinking about the bugs so we finally found the Candlewood Inn and Suites. Much better!!!! Almost the same price, but Candlewood is so much nicer and they also accept small pets. The next morning I checked my bank account to find only .01 left in my checking account. Guess who took all the money? Yes, Beachcomber Inn had 5 seperate charges doubling my price if I had stayed there the entire weekend and a random additonal $20.00 taken out. Hum...guess they showed me for telling them nicely about the infestation. I ask them to please fix it and reverse all charges, but they refused to even acknowlege (after I showed the day manger (Chris) on their computer that I did have erroneous charges. His response was to snicker/laugh and say he can't fix my banking problems and what they messed up. I'm disputing and my entire vacation was ruined. DO NOT STAY AT THIS MOTEL -

Room Tip: Choose Candlewood Inn and Suites, they also accept pets :)
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Beachcomber Inn? Share your experiences!