“Free Roaches With Stay!” 1 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Beachcomber Inn to your Saves list
Prices are for rooms, adults
Beachcomber Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2825 61st Street, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77551   |
Ranked #33 of 49 hotels in Galveston
Arlington, Texas
“Free Roaches With Stay!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Just don't stay here. I was at the Beachcomber Inn last weekend with my girlfriend. We checked in got our room key. Once entering the room I noticed two bugs in the bathroom, then I found a roach crawling up the wall. The lights were on - so clearly there is an issue.

After reporting this to the front desk - they attempted to shaft us into another room. We did not take it. We went to another motel only to find that the Beachcomber Inn had placed a hold on money in our bank account. Not only that - they had taken so much money - that it overdrafted just to cover.

When asked why we were charged close to 500.00 when we didn't even stay there more than 20 minutes - there was no clear answer. When asked to aid in fixing the issue - Chris, "the manager" who is casually as a "clerk" from his upper management, did little. I can't help but think, gee - if we didn't have another account we would have had to spend the night with the roaches. I can only guess as to how many others been put in that situation.

In short - check the rates and stay elsewhere. If you have pets - look for Candlewood Inn & Suites. They accept pets and don't have roaches.

Room Tip: Roaches are still free!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

210 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Arlington, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We checked into room 222 with our two small dogs (both under 5 lbs). This was one reason we selected the Beachcomber Inn for our vacation. This was a special occasion for my Fiance's Birthday, but the Beachcomber sure made it one for the record books. Just not in a good way. After discovering bugs, they said they might be able to switch rooms? Uh...no. You have cockroaches crawling up the walls and little black bugs all in the bathroom, but you might isn't appropriate! So the only other avail room was 124 (almost directly below the bug infested room we just left), it only had two full beds and would not accomodate our needs. We graciously just said we'll check out, couldn't have slept thinking about the bugs so we finally found the Candlewood Inn and Suites. Much better!!!! Almost the same price, but Candlewood is so much nicer and they also accept small pets. The next morning I checked my bank account to find only .01 left in my checking account. Guess who took all the money? Yes, Beachcomber Inn had 5 seperate charges doubling my price if I had stayed there the entire weekend and a random additonal $20.00 taken out. Hum...guess they showed me for telling them nicely about the infestation. I ask them to please fix it and reverse all charges, but they refused to even acknowlege (after I showed the day manger (Chris) on their computer that I did have erroneous charges. His response was to snicker/laugh and say he can't fix my banking problems and what they messed up. I'm disputing and my entire vacation was ruined. DO NOT STAY AT THIS MOTEL -

Room Tip: Choose Candlewood Inn and Suites, they also accept pets :)
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

The room was exactly like the pictures. Very Neat n Clean. Bed was perfect to sleep on and our room was always Neat n Clean. Location wad great, Waffle House next door n a few blocks from the Beach. Would recommend to all.

• Stayed September 2012
Apple Valley, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We rented 3 rooms. The pictures on the hotel site make the place look ok. In person, pretty run down. One room short towels, took a few hours (and the one year old slippying on the bathroom floor) to get more. One room, no shower curtain ( took down to clean?). One room no drain plugs (these are necessary because in the south you want to plug your drains so the roaches don't come out at night. We did see roaches outside the building, have not gone to sleep yet. A bed frame made of 2x4 wood, jagged and sticking out. Picture hangers on the wall with no pictures. Dirt stain around the tub (old). Pool does have a ring of dirt along the bottom too (I think this was dirt, not just stain). Mattresses very firm.

No elevators to second floor.

Staff is friendly.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

Modest no frills hotel. Staff very friendly.We booked last minute. Surprised it was as nice at was. Location not far from beach, restaurants. Would stay again if needed. No pets allowed. Would recommend.

• Stayed August 2012
Killeen, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

My family and I just stayed there on Labor Day and the day after.Our room was very clean and smelled good.We were pleasantly surprised after reading alot of the reviews here.The carpet was immaculately clean.Our room had plenty of towels and coffee and cups.All we had to do was ask for more and they were very willing to assist us.It i very evident that they are still remodeling and they are doing a very good job at it.The room was a little small .but still very nice.The free breakfast was great.They had the usuals of cereal,muffins,sweet rolls,oatmeal bagels,coffee,juices and milk.The pool was a little small but i was relaxing just the same.My husband,my two daughters and I were all in the pool at the same time and we enjoyed it.The staff was also very friendly and helpful.We have to go back at the end of this month and will be staying there again.The people that wrote bad reviews must have stayed there before they did alot of the remodeling or they are very picky people.I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

Walked into a decent room. Aside from a small amount of sand on the floor by the door and a small tear in the comforter, it was a great room for the price and i travel A LOT. We did not do their breakfast but would defiantly stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Beachcomber Inn? Share your experiences!