“Bugs and terrible service! Do Not Stay Here!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Beachcomber Inn

Save Saved
You added Beachcomber Inn to your Saves list
Beachcomber Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2825 61st Street, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77551   |
Ranked #33 of 49 hotels in Galveston
Arlington, TX
“Bugs and terrible service! Do Not Stay Here!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We checked into room 222 with our two small dogs (both under 5 lbs). This was one reason we selected the Beachcomber Inn for our vacation. This was a special occasion for my Fiance's Birthday, but the Beachcomber sure made it one for the record books. Just not in a good way. After discovering bugs, they said they might be able to switch rooms? Uh...no. You have cockroaches crawling up the walls and little black bugs all in the bathroom, but you might isn't appropriate! So the only other avail room was 124 (almost directly below the bug infested room we just left), it only had two full beds and would not accomodate our needs. We graciously just said we'll check out, couldn't have slept thinking about the bugs so we finally found the Candlewood Inn and Suites. Much better!!!! Almost the same price, but Candlewood is so much nicer and they also accept small pets. The next morning I checked my bank account to find only .01 left in my checking account. Guess who took all the money? Yes, Beachcomber Inn had 5 seperate charges doubling my price if I had stayed there the entire weekend and a random additonal $20.00 taken out. Hum...guess they showed me for telling them nicely about the infestation. I ask them to please fix it and reverse all charges, but they refused to even acknowlege (after I showed the day manger (Chris) on their computer that I did have erroneous charges. His response was to snicker/laugh and say he can't fix my banking problems and what they messed up. I'm disputing and my entire vacation was ruined. DO NOT STAY AT THIS MOTEL -

Room Tip: Choose Candlewood Inn and Suites, they also accept pets :)
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

210 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

The room was exactly like the pictures. Very Neat n Clean. Bed was perfect to sleep on and our room was always Neat n Clean. Location wad great, Waffle House next door n a few blocks from the Beach. Would recommend to all.

• Stayed September 2012
Apple Valley, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We rented 3 rooms. The pictures on the hotel site make the place look ok. In person, pretty run down. One room short towels, took a few hours (and the one year old slippying on the bathroom floor) to get more. One room, no shower curtain ( took down to clean?). One room no drain plugs (these are necessary because in the south you want to plug your drains so the roaches don't come out at night. We did see roaches outside the building, have not gone to sleep yet. A bed frame made of 2x4 wood, jagged and sticking out. Picture hangers on the wall with no pictures. Dirt stain around the tub (old). Pool does have a ring of dirt along the bottom too (I think this was dirt, not just stain). Mattresses very firm.

No elevators to second floor.

Staff is friendly.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

Modest no frills hotel. Staff very friendly.We booked last minute. Surprised it was as nice at was. Location not far from beach, restaurants. Would stay again if needed. No pets allowed. Would recommend.

• Stayed August 2012
Killeen, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

My family and I just stayed there on Labor Day and the day after.Our room was very clean and smelled good.We were pleasantly surprised after reading alot of the reviews here.The carpet was immaculately clean.Our room had plenty of towels and coffee and cups.All we had to do was ask for more and they were very willing to assist us.It i very evident that they are still remodeling and they are doing a very good job at it.The room was a little small .but still very nice.The free breakfast was great.They had the usuals of cereal,muffins,sweet rolls,oatmeal bagels,coffee,juices and milk.The pool was a little small but i was relaxing just the same.My husband,my two daughters and I were all in the pool at the same time and we enjoyed it.The staff was also very friendly and helpful.We have to go back at the end of this month and will be staying there again.The people that wrote bad reviews must have stayed there before they did alot of the remodeling or they are very picky people.I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

Walked into a decent room. Aside from a small amount of sand on the floor by the door and a small tear in the comforter, it was a great room for the price and i travel A LOT. We did not do their breakfast but would defiantly stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012
Memphis, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed here in April of 2012. We stayed on a Saturday night, the night before our cruise left on Sunday. The rooms were fine. We were there basically to sleep and leave the next morning. Would I stay here on a vacation in Galveston, probably not. The location was good within walking distance of the beach and places to eat. We parked our car there all week while we were on our cruise and everything was fine when we came back. The hotel staff was very nice!

Room Tip: If you need a place to stay for a night and need to leave your car for the week this is a good valu...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Beachcomber Inn? Share your experiences!