“Good for the price.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Beachcomber Inn

You added Beachcomber Inn to your Saves list
Beachcomber Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2825 61st Street, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77551   |
Ranked #36 of 49 Hotels in Galveston
“Good for the price.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

Modest no frills hotel. Staff very friendly.We booked last minute. Surprised it was as nice at was. Location not far from beach, restaurants. Would stay again if needed. No pets allowed. Would recommend.

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Killeen, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

My family and I just stayed there on Labor Day and the day after.Our room was very clean and smelled good.We were pleasantly surprised after reading alot of the reviews here.The carpet was immaculately clean.Our room had plenty of towels and coffee and cups.All we had to do was ask for more and they were very willing to assist us.It i very evident that they are still remodeling and they are doing a very good job at it.The room was a little small .but still very nice.The free breakfast was great.They had the usuals of cereal,muffins,sweet rolls,oatmeal bagels,coffee,juices and milk.The pool was a little small but i was relaxing just the same.My husband,my two daughters and I were all in the pool at the same time and we enjoyed it.The staff was also very friendly and helpful.We have to go back at the end of this month and will be staying there again.The people that wrote bad reviews must have stayed there before they did alot of the remodeling or they are very picky people.I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

Walked into a decent room. Aside from a small amount of sand on the floor by the door and a small tear in the comforter, it was a great room for the price and i travel A LOT. We did not do their breakfast but would defiantly stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012
Memphis, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed here in April of 2012. We stayed on a Saturday night, the night before our cruise left on Sunday. The rooms were fine. We were there basically to sleep and leave the next morning. Would I stay here on a vacation in Galveston, probably not. The location was good within walking distance of the beach and places to eat. We parked our car there all week while we were on our cruise and everything was fine when we came back. The hotel staff was very nice!

Room Tip: If you need a place to stay for a night and need to leave your car for the week this is a good valu...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Huntington, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

There is nothing wrong with the rooms at Beachcomer Inn, no roaches, very clean. I inspected the room I got this Jan 2012, before we paid and beds were made daily, sheets were clean as was the bedspread, I checked the bath, vanity, microwave and refridge and even my wife noticed how clean it was and not a sign of roaches. No roaches or crawling things in sight when light was turned on. We are coming back this October. I will give another review at that time..

Room Tip: Just ask to see the room before you pay, I had no problem doing that and the staff was very friendly...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Pittsburg, Ks
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

The outside is not appealing at all like the pic shows.. The pool is very dirty. The first night the air conditoner did not work called and they fixed the next day that was a plus. Our tub and stool were literally filthy. I stepped on a piece of glass in the room and cut my foot. A pill was found on the floor. The safe was pulled out of the wall. The TV barely worked very fuzzy and looked like it hadn't been cleaned in weeks. Called down for towels and they told us we had to get them ourselves. It is only a couple blocks from beach. The price was very good. Please beware..would not recommend..

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Montgomery, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I was hesitant about staying at the Beachcomber Inn in Galveston. The price was perfect. It was better than I expected. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, the shower was great and even though I requested a smoking room it did not smell like cigarette smoke. I was very impressed and will stay there again when I go back to Galveston. Great breakfast, friendly and helpful staff. No complaints.

Room Tip: Ask for the room you want in advance. They will try do their best to give you the room you want.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Been to Beachcomber Inn? Share your experiences!