“Not bad!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Beachcomber Inn

You added Beachcomber Inn to your Saves list
Beachcomber Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2825 61st Street, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77551   |
Ranked #36 of 49 Hotels in Galveston
Memphis, Tennessee
“Not bad!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed here in April of 2012. We stayed on a Saturday night, the night before our cruise left on Sunday. The rooms were fine. We were there basically to sleep and leave the next morning. Would I stay here on a vacation in Galveston, probably not. The location was good within walking distance of the beach and places to eat. We parked our car there all week while we were on our cruise and everything was fine when we came back. The hotel staff was very nice!

Room Tip: If you need a place to stay for a night and need to leave your car for the week this is a good valu...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Huntington, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

There is nothing wrong with the rooms at Beachcomer Inn, no roaches, very clean. I inspected the room I got this Jan 2012, before we paid and beds were made daily, sheets were clean as was the bedspread, I checked the bath, vanity, microwave and refridge and even my wife noticed how clean it was and not a sign of roaches. No roaches or crawling things in sight when light was turned on. We are coming back this October. I will give another review at that time..

Room Tip: Just ask to see the room before you pay, I had no problem doing that and the staff was very friendly...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Pittsburg, Ks
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

The outside is not appealing at all like the pic shows.. The pool is very dirty. The first night the air conditoner did not work called and they fixed the next day that was a plus. Our tub and stool were literally filthy. I stepped on a piece of glass in the room and cut my foot. A pill was found on the floor. The safe was pulled out of the wall. The TV barely worked very fuzzy and looked like it hadn't been cleaned in weeks. Called down for towels and they told us we had to get them ourselves. It is only a couple blocks from beach. The price was very good. Please beware..would not recommend..

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Montgomery, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I was hesitant about staying at the Beachcomber Inn in Galveston. The price was perfect. It was better than I expected. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, the shower was great and even though I requested a smoking room it did not smell like cigarette smoke. I was very impressed and will stay there again when I go back to Galveston. Great breakfast, friendly and helpful staff. No complaints.

Room Tip: Ask for the room you want in advance. They will try do their best to give you the room you want.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

checked in 10th aug 2012. I was given a rate of 170.00 for two double beds(wanted queen). We checked in about 930p and at 10p the roaches came out. They were behind the mirrors and babies were on our sheets.I woke the next morning after trying to sleep all night and saw roaches on the celling. I wouldn't have noticed so many if i wasn't doing my bed bug check.

Room Tip: do your inspection for bed bugs or creepy crawlers
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

The outside looks like a dive. Oompa-Loompa colored motel with a dinky outside pool. The room, however, was fantastic for a 2-star! A/C was quiet and worked awesomely. Quickly cooled down the room w/ low, medium, high, buttons. Shower was mint condition, super clean, plenty of towels & hand towels w/ only 2 lil square soaps & a lil shampoo bottle, & a hair dryer. It had a marble sink counter, a microwave, a minifridge, a flat screen tv w/ remote, clean newer carpets, clean walls, & newer light fixtures that worked gr8. Couldn't hear the family w/ kids above or next to us (that was awesome for a 2-star, let me tell you). Parking lot was packed, this place sells out fast. It's literally 1 block from the ocean beach. The free breakfast is the same you get at Comfort Suites or a Days Inn. Standard waffle maker, toast, cereals, oj, milk, tea, coffee, and cheap muffins (no eggs, ham, or sausages). Front desk was friendly, courteous. Bedsheets were fresh from laundry, clean, nice smelling, bright white. Beds were comfy, pillows comfy, NO complaints! Ugly on the outside, great on the inside. Good deal.

Room Tip: Ugly on the outside, gr8 on the inside.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Rockwall, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

When we got to the Hotel I asked for a room downstairs since I have alot of Health issues and was told since I used a third party to book my room they couldn't change it (I have no idea why that mattered but it does with this hotel) my room was filthy luckly I brought some cleaning supplies with me. My daughter and I stayed for 4 nights and our room was cleaned only once in that time and the only thing they did then was bring us clean towels. nothing gets cleaned in this hotel, they have old washing machines and dryers sitting in the hallways, dirt and cobwebs on everything. The staff will not do anything for you or to help you if you go through a third party to book your room. There was leftovers in the fridge and something had been spilt in it, We had lights out in our room that was never fixed even after asking several times. The coffee is disgusting. The bedspreads are from the 80's and I think that's the last time they were cleaned. The bathroom was disgusting it looked like it hadn't been cleaned in months if not years. The tv channels are awful esp. if you have kids they only had cartoon network for them no disney or nick

Room Tip: If you do book this hotel book directly with them
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Beachcomber Inn? Share your experiences!