“Loved this place!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Del Mar Beachfront Suites

You added Casa Del Mar Beachfront Suites to your Saves list
Casa Del Mar Beachfront Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6102 Seawall Blvd., Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77551   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #10 of 49 Hotels in Galveston
“Loved this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2010

This place was just perfect for me and my daughter. I loved the location and the complex felt very safe for us 2 girls on our own. The suite we had was clean, well maintained and spacious. it would sleep 6 comfortably but I imagine it would be a bit of a squeeze when you are not in bed! 2 adults and 2 kids would be fine though. I thought the price was good for what you got. There were plenty of dishes, glasses etc - the only other thing I needed was a corkscrew! The bed was comfy and my daughter said the bunk was too. The pool was clean, the grounds were well kept and the staff were nice. I had a problem with my door lock but they sorted it out straight away - it wasnt a big deal but its good to know they are ready to help if there's a problem. Its a large complex but was very quiet even though it was full when we went. You could hear traffic if the balcony doors were open but that's all. Once they were closed all I could hear was the rather noisy drone from the AC (sounded like a jet engine!) but no noise from neighbors or outside. Had a sea view from the balcony as promised and could see it from the living room too through the french doors which was lovely. Because of the design of the building all suites should have a sea view. All in all I really enjoyed it here and can't wait to go back. Can't think of any negatives so no hesitation in recommending it to others.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Ft. Worth
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2010

Check in is at 4:00. Two of our rooms were ready and the other one wasn't ready until almost 5:00. It wasn't clean and our balcony overlooked a McDonalds and a Popeye's Chicken place and a filling station. Traffic noises were loud outside so you had to stay inside. The kitchen was not equipped with enough pans ie no frying pan or baking sheet. We had two knives and 4 forks. The bed was so small and hard we couldn't sleep on it. Had to sleep on couch. Bunk bed will only be good for very small child. The beach across the street was hard to get to and very small and dirty. Pools were clean but extremely warm. Overall, we wouldn't stay there again. It wasn't cheap and not at all worth the money.

LA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2010

The hotel is in desperate need of improvements. The price was a too high for the amenities offered the ST. Luis has way more amenities and the difference was only around $50, we also just stayed in the Indigo hotel for 88.00 a night in San Antonio. The rooms where remodeled everything was above average for almost half the price we paid at Casa del Mar. and we where 10 min away from Sea World and in a central location.

The point being mayor improvements need to happen before I would consider Casa del Mar again at the actual cost per night, the maximum amount would be around 70-80 per night and still I'm taking into account the location.

another mayor point in the discontent is the parking, I am pretty sure assigned parking is not a difficult task but seems to be apparent that "visitor" do take "Hotel and residents" parking spot making it a difficult task to find a good parking location near rooms and this is very inconvenient especially with small children.

The room’s furniture and appliances can get some love as well. I do love to have cable but not necessarily needed to have a 1980 TV in the master bedroom and a 1960 stove when appliances now a day are not that expensive if you consider that if you are a "prime hotel" the investment might be worth the revenue. Also the carpets might need to be change is funny when you’re 2 year old just comes out of the shower after a day in the pool and walks for 10 minutes barefoot inside the room and her feet turn black that is always a good experience.

We where really disappointed at the time we spend in the hotel but hopefully our experience will serve others and might help you all understand that if you are charging a lot customers will expect a bit more than a 1975 TV and an ancient building in desperate need of new furniture and doors.

Central Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2010

I stayed here because it was recommended to me. I wasn't expecting anything fancy, but I was expecting CLEAN! When I crawled into bed the first night I saw my feet were BLACK on the bottom! The bathroom floor was STICKY! The cleaning staff left the broken drain plug in the bathroom sink and obviously didn't vacuum the living room floor.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business

Price: A+

Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2010

It was the best time we have had in a long time. The views to the Gulf were fantastic, and it was within walking distance to restaurants, and shops. The rooms was clean, and service was great. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Essex England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2010

Our third trip to Casa del Mar and once again, a fantastic experience. The front desk staff here are so willing to assist you. They make you feel so special. Robbie is so helpful. I've never met a front desk manager who is as kind, caring and funny as he. But all the staff make you feel so welcome. They really care and ask about you and your trip. They make you feel that they are there just for you. Ronnie and Kristen too - wonderful. Clearly their manager Teresa has trained all her staff to 5* standards. First impressions matter and they all go above and beyond to give great service. Our first visit 4 years ago was before Ike and we loved the location and the staff. We returned last year and they had done a great job tidying up after the hurrican but the gardens needed attention. This time the gardens are great and the plants so fragrant. Lying by the very clean pool is a pleasure as the scent of the flowers helps you relax. The condo's are a little basic but most of the time you spend outdoors. The view is amazing and it's worth paying more for a beachfront view - bliss. It's always very clean and housekeeping are thorough. I would highly recommend that if you visit Galveston, you stay here. You will not be disappointed. But I hope that you all don't come along so that I can't get a reservation there!!!!

Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Casa Del Mar Beachfront Suites? Share your experiences!