We stayed at Casa del Mar from October 14-18, 2013. I have stayed there from time to time since it was built in the 80's and love it. The condos are a little scruffy, but are undergoing a remodel that will take care of that. I love this place because it offers a tiny bedroom (queen bed)with a door that shuts, bunks in the hall, a living room with a queen sofa sleeper, and a kitchen that even has an oven! That meant we could have warm cookies and milk every night before bed; I could make a quiche or other oven dish. The unit will sleep 4 adults and 2 children, but for this trip, it was just my husband and me. I'm an early riser and it is nice to slip out to watch sunrise on the beach without waking him, to put on my own pot of coffee; to make breakfast in the condo and save our calories for lunch.
The property is beautifully landscaped. Security and maintenance personnel are always visible. The condo was immaculately clean. The front desk personnel were friendly and helpful. When the smoke alarm battery died and I requested replacement, it happened immediately. There are 2 pools, 2 hot tubs, and a barbecue area. Later in the season, one on the pools will be heated. Galveston hotels have become quite pricey, and for this visit in the off season, I think the room was overpriced by $10-15.
Two complaints. 1) We had a room in which the bedroom backs up to a VERY well-lighted interior hall. A lot of light came into the bedroom. It didn't bother me, but it did bother my husband. 2) The WiFi worked when it wanted to and the signal was weak. I will go back when traveling with my daughters or my friends. I don't think hubby will.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa del Mar Beachfront Suites are a super value, ideal for a family vacation or a weekend getaway for two. Each fully furnished suite offers a private balcony for you to relax and enjoy the view as well as a small living area with a newly remodeled studio kitchen. There is a small private bedroom with a queen size bed and in the living area, a queen sofa sleeper and a set of Junior bunks designed for small children under the age of 10. We have two tropical pools (one seasonally heated), a trellised Bar-B-Que area, laundry facilities and Complimentary Wi-Fi is available in all suites and throughout the property. Our beautifully landscaped property also features conference and catering facilities ideal for family reunions, small groups and corporate retreats. Casa del Mar is conveniently located right on the Seawall beachfront, central to all of the Island's great restaurants, shopping and favorite attractions. Relax by the pool, take a sunset stroll on the beach or enjoy Galveston's rich Island history. Casa del Mar and Galveston Island offer something for everyone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Casa Del Mar Beachfront Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Del Mar Beachfront Hotel Galveston
- Casa Del Mar Beachfront Suites Galveston